"Australia: Introduction to Home Inspections" online course
Welcome to InterNACHI's free, online Australia: Introduction to Home Inspections course.
This course is an overview of the home inspection industry in Australia.
And, in keeping with InterNACHI's commitment to Continuing Education, this course is open and free to all members, and can be taken again and again, without limit.
Reminder to members: InterNACHI's Code of Ethics 1.10 requires that you comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where you conduct business. InterNACHI's courses and Standards generally exceed the Standards of Practice that you are required to abide by locally.
After successful completion of this course, the student will be able to: demonstrate an understanding of why a home inspection is beneficial to home buyers and sellers; communicate the advantages and limitations of a home inspection; and apply skills necessary to become and remain in business as a home inspector.
- Student Verification and Interactivity
- What is Home Inspection?
- InterNACHI Australia
- Regulatory Organizations
- Quiz #1
- Standards of Practice
- Quiz #2
- Home Inspection VS Snagging
- Code of Ethics
- Home Inspection VS Commercial Inspection
- Quiz #3
- What is included in a Home Inspection?
- Functional Damage VS Cosmetic Damage
- Local/Client Expectations
- Home Systems and Safety
- Becoming a Home Inspector
- What does it take to become a home inspector?
- Required Skills
- Quiz #5
- Inspector Education
- Defect Recognition
- The Business of Home Inspection
- The Clients
- Home Inspection Fees
- Quiz #6
- Inspection Reports
- Report Length
- Report Formats: Checklist and Hybrid Reports
- Narrative Reports
- Reporting methods
- Quiz #7
- 4 CE credit hours;
- 7 quizzes with 56 questions;
- 50-question final exam (drawn from a larger pool);
- instant grading; and
- a downloadable, printable Certificate of Completion.