Homegauge vs Inspectvue vs 3D

Originally Posted By: jruppert
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

I’m using homegauge now. Thinking about making a change to either 3D or InspectVue because of the ability to use a PDA. Any thoughts?

Originally Posted By: staylor

What don’t you like about Homegauge other than its not compatible with a pda?

Originally Posted By: jkormos

did you use a touch screen with HG?? 3d is more like using MS Word

Originally Posted By: ekartal

Here’s 2 more cents… icon_smile.gif Palm Tech software prints on site from PDA to printer. Only gig I know that does that.

Erol Kartal

HomeGauge does not have as much flexibility in the appearance of the report’s that I would like. However, it is easy to use. Many of my customers have difficulty viewing the reports on the Internet. I never started using the tablet computer during an i

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

I compared 3D and Inpectvue sometime ago and at that time they were very similar. I finnaly went with Inspectvue as it was slightly better. Haven’t looked at 3D since but Inspectvue has gone throught many enhancements since then. Free evaluation samples are available for both

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: dmusielski

Both are very good…however my preference is 3D. Great deal of flexability…all the way down to how the lines in text are spaced. Headings, Subheading, forms…all can be adjusted to your likes.

Dan Musielski
Assured Home Inspections
Batavia, Illinois

It sounds like inspectview and 3D are at the top of the heap and have a similar overall quality. Do you guys use a PDA with these programs?

Originally Posted By: phinsperger

I don’t yet. I am waiting for the pocket PC’s with the built in cameras to come out which is expected some time this summer. Hopefully the image quality will be good enough and I won’t have to carry another peice of equipment.

Paul Hinsperger
Hinsperger Inspection Services
Chairman - NACHI Awards Committee
Place your Award Nominations
here !

Originally Posted By: jvezina

I use a PDA to run 3D and it works great. It’s very easy to navigate between sections once you have it set up to your liking. There is no fumbling around with a clipboard and paper, and my printer has an infared port so I don’t have to bring my laptop to print the inspection report off on site.

Jason - Does that mean you print your reports directly from the PDA onsite?

Originally Posted By: Lorne H. Steiner

Just a heads up-

You will be able to print a report directly from your PDA with our new version of InspectVue that will be availalble later this summer.

Originally Posted By: jvezina

Yes I do print it on site, and with no cables it is great. The only way I won’t print the report on site is if I am including photos with the report so I can edit them at my office.

Originally Posted By: dmusielski

I dont use a PDA for 3 reasons…all just personal preference. 1)-I don’t print on site…I take it all home. Too many lawyers. 2)I won’t give up my Palm OS. PDA inspection software is for MS handhelds. 3) PDA is no real advantage for me…I personally need both hands free, and until I can use my PDA with brain waves…I’ll stick with a laptop for now. I put my laptop on a lightweight tri-pod. Works BEAUTIFULLY! sets in the middle of the room!

Regards,
Dan Musielski
Assured Home Inspections
Batavia, IL 60510

Originally Posted By: ebeahm1

I use a Dell Axim X50v Pocket Computer with Inspectvue. It is great. I highly recommed it for ease of use, great screen and beautiful report.

Earl

Great input - thanks for all the information. Now I have to figure out whether I want to use inspectview or 3D.

Originally Posted By: lschmid

I use a Dell axim pocket pc with 3D and it really works good. Easy to set up and use. When I get back to the office, engage auto sync and it transfers everything to big computer for faster speed of adding pictures and more indepth comments.

Good support staff with 3D. I would highly recommend them. Easy to personalize reports to your style and wording. Easy to insert pictures and edit.

Larry Schmid

First Choice Home Inspection,Inc.

South Carolina Chapter President

www.1stchoicehomeinspection.com

A SAFE HOME IS A HAPPY HOME