New Jersey Licensing

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Richard,

You're right, you dont know me. For the mafia reference, you are italian, as am I, so it was a joke. Lighten up.

As to HICAG, the remark was genuine. They were quite active a while back, and we havent heard from them. As to your state legislature and ASHIs involvement in the restrictive licensing practices, my views are well known on these pages. As to legislative involvement, read the thread on NY licensing.

As to the anger remark, again, you dont know me or anything about me. As to the "shoot the messenger remark", give me a break. What are you telling us? Quitting ASHI is fine for some, but is not the answer for NJs licensing problems. So, let's not be naive. Sure, NACHI is a great org, but as of this date, there is no alternative licensing proposal in place before Gov McGreevy or the state legislature. There is no movement in the courts to strike down the existing law as a restraint of free trade. Quitting ASHI will not get you a NJ license. Lobbying your local politician in NJ will not overturn the law. Only the Governor and judiciary can.

Joe

Originally Posted By: jonofrey

From the IMC 2000:

C8923.7.8
Cement boots shall be constructed in such a manner as to prevent floatation of persons (dead or alive) for a minimum period of at least two weeks. Refer to chart 2734.1.2 for proper counterweight to live (dead) loads, consideration for accumulation of combustible gases are built into the calculations.

QuickCrete (recommended if you're in a hurry) must extend above the ankle and surround the foot a minimum of three and one half inches. #3 reinforcing steel in accordance with schedule B and proper forms shall be used.

It is no longer an acceptable practice to stuff the victims feet into Folgers coffee cans as a substitute for proper forms. Feet may be formed separately or together depending on consciousness of the victim. ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif)

--
Inspection Nirvana!

We're NACHI. Get over it.

Thanks, John… icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Richard Lovecchio

Joe,

Right back to you, I was also kidding. So now, who is the frustrated one?

Joe, lets keep things real simple. Are you an ASHI member, if so you should quit. Being an ASHI member will not get you those large number of inspections. Its your technical abilities and personalilty. Now, if I am correct you may have a problem with the latter. ASHI is using members dues to F___K thier own members. This is reality. You should take your energy you put in this board and visit your local politicians. Like I said I do not know you, so do not take this personal. I am drawing my conclusions about you through your posts. There is much anger in your posts. Your responces only prove to me that I may be correct.

Richard

I’m taking this offline.

I wasn't angry before you started your pseudo-intellectual pissing contest, but I can be easily pursuaded to kick it into high gear.

"Lets keep things real simple". Interesting. Everyone knows who I am, as my name, business, location, and backgroung are posted for all to see. But, who are you. Are you an ASHI member? Were you an ASHI member? I agree, lets keep things simple. You tell others to quit ASHI, and you post on our board, but I dont see that you are a NACHI member either.

Quit ASHI? I'm not a member, but if I was, who the hell are you to tell me to quit anything?

As to "reading my posts", I suggest yu check your facts before passing judgement on anyone.

And, for the record, I didn't realize that standing up for yourself was a sign of being angry.

Now, who are you REALLY? Your posts are too cute.

Richard Lovecchio

Replies: 0
Views: 8
Forum: Misc. Discussion Posted: Thu, Sep 25th, 10:28 PM Subject: Quit ASHI NOW
Quit ASHI now. ASHI will stop to nothing to control the industry. It is real simple...MONEY. ASHI does not care about the consumer. Thay have proven this over and over again.

Remember that ASHI ...

Topic: Pictures are a pain in the bottom
Richard Lovecchio

Replies: 1
Views: 21
Forum: NACHI.ORG Posted: Thu, Sep 25th, 10:23 PM Subject: Pictures are a pain in the bottom
Erby,

Did you quit ASHI yet?

Richard

Topic: New Jersey Licensing
Richard Lovecchio

Replies: 18
Views: 178
Forum: State Legislation Posted: Thu, Sep 25th, 6:51 PM Subject: New Jersey Licensing
Joe,

Right back to you, I was also kidding. So now, who is the frustrated one?

Joe, lets keep things real simple. Are you an ASHI member, if so you should quit. Being an ASHI member will not ...

Richard Lovecchio

Forum: State Legislation Posted: Thu, Sep 25th, 7:12 AM Subject: New Jersey Licensing
TO Joe F

I do not know you...but as I read your posts you seem to have alot of pent up anger you are venting in the wrong direction. I feel your frustrations. But try not to shoot the messenger. ...

Richard Lovecchio

Forum: State Legislation Posted: Wed, Sep 24th, 8:39 AM Subject: New Jersey Licensing
TO all Home Inspectors

This is not complecated------its all about MONEY and POWER

Steps to take:
>Quit ASHI. ASHI is only for the MONEY and POWER. ASHI controls the state boards and the PA ...

So, who is this guy?

Originally Posted By: psabados

Very interesting, he doesn’t even show up down the dial on that other BB.

Plant? Pushing in attempt to get booted? Wonder even if he can inspect anything?

Hey Lo! If you're so dammed proud of your position, come out of the basement and let the light shine on you so we can see who you are.
We hear a lot of words and if you think they're stealing your money, SUE EM! or quit if you are a member

What are you a member of? What are YOUR qualifications Tell us a little about yourself. I hear your pain, but Im having a hard time feeling it.

The answer to your first question is Nope!

Paul

Paul,

Thanks to you, and to John O down in Texas.

Maybe we should call Richard "Slim Shady" instead.

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up...please stand up...please stand up... ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

"Angry" Joe

Originally Posted By: psabados

Joe

And my nickname is GRUMMPY2

Paul

Joe,

Thanks for your private E-mail. It is obvious that you are attempting to find out who I am. Well, I will tell you
1) I live in Rutherford, NJ
2) I do not belong to any organization
3) I moved here 9 months ago
4) I have two kids
5) I lived in California
6) I like to play football
7) I am 5' 8'' tall
![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif) I have red hair
9) I do not give out my telephone number to just anyone
10) I am friends with Neal Lewis
11) I know his boss
12) I was asked to join HICAG
13) I heard of John and Lorraine but I personnaly do not know them
14) I am a retired police officer
15) I am just starting up my own company called "Engineering Limited"
16) I will be grtting my corporate papers soon
17) I live in an apartment now and plan to buy a house
1![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif) As soon as I become official you will beable to look me up in the yellow pages.

PS. I am sorry if I offended anyone on this BB. I will try to fit in. I am very pissed and frustrated. I am truly sorry if I took this out on you JOE.
It will never happen again.

Richard Lovecchio

Richard,

Nice post.

--
Inspection Nirvana!

Richard, my apologies… truly…

Now that I know a little more, I can feel your frustration, and no offense was taken. As to HICAG, my questions were real. I haven't heard from them in months. They came on like gangbusters, then nothing. Neal is a good guy. He took my ball busting for a long time. We sat together for a while at last months NYNACHI meeting. I like and respect Neal, and absolutely value his experience and opinion.

Anything I can do to help you, please let me know.

My number is posted. Your calls are always welcome.

Joe ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Atta boy Joe!

Inspection Nirvana!

Richard, How can NACHI help you? I know you’re frustrated. How far have you gotten with your venture?

Joe

Joe and John,

I appreciate you guys not holding what I said against me. You guys are truly what I call "what freinds should be all about"...forgive when someone just has a bad day. Thanks

I am not an engineer. But I plan to hire one. I've been very busy getting the business off the ground...new town and all. I am not one to join trade associations, but if I do one day it will be NACHI. I promise I will not TELL people to quit ASHI. How about this..."I recommend that you look twice at the organization you are paying dues to, then decide"...How's that

See you guys soon, I am on my way to bed

RL

Can someone tell me if ASHI certifies people. I’ve been hearing a lot of talk about this.

RL

Originally Posted By: ismetaniuk

This membership was a big waste of my time!

Igor

Top To Bottom Inspections

Glen Spey, NY

No offense taken, Richard.

BTW, why are you planning to hire an engineer for your business? Surely Neal is coaching you on this. What are his thoughts? Will he be letting you ride with him? Maybe you could come with NEal to the next NYNACHI chapter meeting.

Neal's a really good guy. He can introduce you to the gang.

Joe Farsetta

Joe,

Hiring an Engineer will boost the companies cretibility, don't you think?

We had a fall out the other day. I do not think I will be discussing much with him. They pretend I do not exist because of the problems it may cause. One day I will take this offline and discuss this BS with you Joe. You know how it is when the meeting of the minds do not click. Sometimes the underdog becomes the problem.

Joe, you have been wonderful to me lately, and I really appreciate that. I appreacite your honesty and integrity. I took some time out to read all your posts. I am totaly convinced that you are for the consumer, not that I ever doubted that before. I also feel the entire gang at NACHI are the same. It is nice to see that people can speak out and not get critized to the point of exile.

Many people I speak to feel that ASHI is overstepping their bounds. Do you think ASHI should be getting away with taking over the industry? If not what can we do about it?

I spoke to some people that are having a hard time with the NJ Non-Sanctioned mentoring program. They are getting responses like,
I have no time, I do not want to train my competition, It will cost you $5,000 dollars, Send me your resume (then never get a response), Are you an ASHI member and if not you will need to join ASHI and a ASHI chapter...what can be done about this?

And who is that NJ ASHI guy who calls everybody Bucket Head?

RL

Originally Posted By: Phillip R. Hinman

This thread has been both entertaining and informative!!

Thank you all for the good information provided to me regarding ASHI and their influence in New Jersey.

Several things have happened since I last posted. I started the state required classes again and was able to discuss at length the problems I and some of my fellow students have encountered getting mentors with the school director. This is the only private school teaching the course in NJ and the director was heavily involved in the legislation!

He told me he has heard many of the same complaints I have dealt with.

He told me part of the problem with mentoring is that many of the inspectors expecting to be grandfathered have held off getting their licenses because they then are required to meet the NJ standards including a huge upgrade of their insurance!

At this time their is about 200 inspectors licensed and therefore nowhere near enough to satisfy the new people coming into the business for mentoring and supervised inspections!!!

Tough situation for us new guys to be in after spending so much time and money to take the course !!! I intend to get together with some people and address these issues at local ASHI meeting!

I would love to hear your input on this problem and whether or not you think pushing the local ASHI people makes sense.

Thanks for Your Help,

Phil