new construction write ups ?

Originally Posted By: carl brown
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

mcyr wrote:
![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif) ![icon_smile.gif](upload://b6iczyK1ETUUqRUc4PAkX83GF2O.gif)

Hi. Carl;

Code Inforcement Officers are there to do just that, Inforce the minimum requirements for buiding components which include electrical, mechanical, plumbing, framing, foundation, and site setbacks.

Stucco installation is beyound their scope of work and dose not really fall into a code category.

It is therefore, safe to assume that there is a house inspector available to the buyer available at the time of the purchace. That is where NACHI inspectors come in to play.

It is good that you have researched this product and assummably also the installation techniqes that are used. The extended knowlegde in this type of work will enhance your inspecting skills to the public.

Good Luck.

Marcel

They are now doing moisture barrier and lath inspections in ovpk ks and so called window&flashing inspections, it is spreading to the other citys in the kc metro!
My knowlegde comes from the trade its self! Going on 27 years and I choose to quit. I am not going to even try to compete with whats going on here. The house wrap guys (tyvek) will not return my calls,The window salesman won't either, most of the codes officials, and when I called them about the brick job the city guy said what do you want me to do drop everything and run everytime you call!!!
The builder said (O no that could cost me a sale)

So I am going to try to help both those fellows out! When I caught up with the new homeowner I gave them a set of 8x10s and told them to call me when they went to court I have a little story for them! And i would be a witness!

I think it would make them start to pay a little more attention if guys/gals like yourselves with credentials were posting in the new forum at http://www.badstucco.com
So I invite you all to register and post!

Sincerely
Carl Brown