NACHI finds work for S. Florida members

Originally Posted By: gbeaumont
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Hi to all,

I am seeking experienced NACHI members, to perform a large number of Inspections for insurance companies, on properties in South Florida affected by last weeks Hurricane Wilma.

These are "drive by" inspections for the most part, although some interiors pictures may be required, We have great systems in place to enable you to perform these inspections quickly and without going out of your area, they will provide both the systems and the scheduling direct to the inspector, We will have the pictures and reports couriered back to the office so there will not be the usual problems with uploading reports.

We envisage that members could be doing 4-5 per hour for 2-3 days in their local areas.

We will be paying around $25 per inspection, which is a very competitive fee for this type of work. We envisage that members will be able to earn around $1500 for a couple of days work.

****************** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ***************************

To be able to take advantage of this work you MUST

1. Be a NACHI member
2. Be available for a min of 2-3 days work, this week
3. Have access to a digital camera
4. Have access to a computer

Please respond by email to GerryBeaumont@AOL.com

Or if you are having problems with communications due to power outages please call me direct on 484-429-5466

I hope this opportunity help out our members who have no other work available at this time.

Be well, be safe.

Regards,

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI Education Committee
e-mail : education@nachi.org
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Inspection Depot Education
gbeaumont@inspectiondepot.com

"Education is a journey, not a destination"

Originally Posted By: tschwalbe

More Info please 941-809-2452 Thanks Todd

Originally Posted By: ecox1

do u have any for va

icon_smile.gif

Hi to all,

Todd & Earl, this is only in areas affected by hurricane Wilma.

I have forwarded details of 60 inspectors to the principle involved.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Hi to all,

here's a quick up-date on this program, yesterday we trained 20 NACHI members on the requirements for these insurance inspections. We also will have 2 more training sessions next week, I hope that we end up with 50-60 S. FL members doing this work within a week or two.

At the last count we were told that we could be doing 50,000 drive by inspections to verify and quanitfy damage fom Hurricane Wilma.

This program will generate over $1 million of work for our members in South Florida in the next few months, this is a huge deal, as not only has the property market slowed down hugely due to the hurricane but also we are getting into the slower holiday period of the year.

Good luck to all involved, I hope you all make a boat load of money.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Originally Posted By: rbennett

Gerry

Looking at the FL map I can see that I am too far away to work the "ZONE" (Frostproof fl)

If you can't get enough inspectors that live is South Fl and we could find a place to bunk down - we will be on the way --

Correct me if I am wrong but the whole area is short of bunks (hotel etc.) and unless we have a Tent, camper or RV to live in, we would be part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Any ideas

rlb

Hi to all,

Just a quick up-date, we now have about 40 members set up to do these inspections, covering from Melboune south to Miami on the East coast, and around the Naples/Ft Myers area on the Gulf coast.

I suspect we will be expanding operations fruther as more of the claims come in.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Hi to all,

after some initial glitches this is really starting to ramp up, with 170 inspections being received today alone. I am confident that this scheme will change how many insurers handle disaster claims in future.

![](upload://2ZuJjczyVMiYh1eTtGT7cNf1tBx.jpeg)

The above map shows the distribution of claims that have already been assigned to NACHI members exclusively.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Hi to all,

Just an update.

as of today the insurance company have downloaded 1047 jobs to Skyetec, with an additional 150-200 per day comming in.

Due to the professionalism of those involved Skyetec were able to increase the fee per inspection to $30 and $35 on weekends.

About 1/2 the jobs have been done or scheduled, so we are starting to clear the backlog.

Here is another distribution map the red dots are claims and the yellow triangles are our members allready doing inspections.

![](upload://jqPfHR2BVKRAj0C59uWggQ3FoMN.gif)

The professionalism of our members has been very well recieved by all parties, and bodes well for future relationships with NACHI, Skyetec & the insurance comunity.

Regards

Gerry[/list]

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Originally Posted By: rmyers1

All seems very confusing to those of us in the northern part of the Country.

We have been told an organization called PaRR had the FEMA contract for all this work, and were paying nearly $50.00 per Inspection.

You had to pass their exam, provide all your own living expenses, and would start off doing one or two inspections per day until you became accustomed to the program.

You also had to agree on a two week work period.

Further, this organization is providing a Guest Speaker for the NACHI National Convention.

Is there a connection here?

Hi to all,

Russell, no there is no connection at all FEMA and their contractors report damage to central government, and disperse funds to those who do not have adequate insurance coverage, they also help cover immediate needs.

The inspections we are doing are verification of damage directly for insurance companies to help them speed up the payouts to claimants.

Our inspections are of specific areas, as directed by the insurance claims adjusters and take around 10-15 mins per inspection.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466

Hi to all,

just an update, we have now downloaded over 2200 insurance inspections and are returning them to the insurance company within an average 6 days, NACHI memebers involved in this program have been true professionals, especially concidering this program did not exist a month ago, I would personally like to thank all involved with this work, your professionalism through what has been a difficult time has been noted, and as week speak more of our members are being approached with work for other business and geographic areas.

Regards

Gerry

--
Gerry Beaumont
NACHI phone 484-429-5466