Chicago NACHI meets John Bowman at Holiday Meeting!

Originally Posted By: ajalowsky
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

http://www.nachichicago.org/meetings.php

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

This is going to be a trip to remember for me.

Chicago brings back many fond memories, and I can't wait to get back and share some of my old story's with the gang up there.

Had an old friend who recently passed away in June who lived in Kinosha (Sp). I'm looking forward to talking to his wife and family again after 30 + years.

Originally Posted By: ekartal3

John if you have any Chicago area questions just send me a message. I’m a 48 year veteran of this international food feast. icon_wink.gif

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Thanks Erol.

Hope you can make the meeting.

Originally Posted By: ekartal3

I’m looking forward to it. Away from the internet… you won’t find a more mild mannered person. Looking forward to seeing you and the others.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: pbolliger

John ,

I can't make the meeting. Family coming early for the holidays.. ![icon_eek.gif](upload://yuxgmvDDEGIQPAyP9sRnK0D0CCY.gif)
I was hoping to meet you and hear some of your wisdom. Dang!

Hope you have a good time in the windy city.
Some snow but not tooo cold.
Missed a big storm today.

Pat

Originally Posted By: ekartal5

It was a wonderful evening full of good times and cameraderie. Everybody must still be sleeping icon_wink.gif . Thanks to John Bowman, Will, Russ, Jeff and all the others that made the event possible. I have been to quite a few home inspection meetings, but this was the first time I witnessed a group of home inspectors who were really concerned about the success and well being of each other.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Originally Posted By: jwortham

It was good to finally meet you Erol.

And you're were right. You're not an ogre! ![icon_cool.gif](upload://oPnLkqdJc33Dyf2uA3TQwRkfhwd.gif)

Originally Posted By: hziegenbein

NACHI Chicago monthly meeting summary:

NACHI Chicago continues to grow. Thank you to all the members and guests who attended the December Holiday meeting for Chicago NACHI. The meeting took place on Thursday, December 15, 2005 at the Holiday Inn in Hillside.
There were a number of special guests at the meeting We were fortunate to have NACHI?s Executive Director John Bowman attend the meeting and address the attendees, and would like to thank him for doing so. It was our pleasure having Mr. Bowman as our guest and we are looking forward to the next time he is in town. We also had two guests from ASHI attend the meeting. NACHI Chicago would like to send a special thanks to ASHI President-elect Chuck Bellefontaine and ASHI Vice President-elect Jack McGraw for coming to our meeting and sharing their input. Many topics were discussed throughout the night, as well as covering the achievements of the NACHI Chicago chapter over the past year and addressing future projects in the works.
NACHI Chicago started up earlier this year with 5 NACHI members gathering together to see what they could get started. Since than NACHI Chicago has had many accomplishments. We started out by forming a Chapter and electing officials from a President on down. Than with the guidance and follow-through of our President Russ Meyers the chapter started to take shape. We found a meeting place and started regularly scheduled meetings on the third Thursday of every month. NACHI Chicago placed a five week ad in the Chicago Tribune?s Real Estate section and ran an All Zone ad in the Sunday Chicago Tribune Real Estate section on Sunday, December 18th, 2005, to help spread the NACHI name throughout the Chicagoland area. NACHI Chicago hosted a ?House of Horrors? to help new inspectors with the inspection process. NACHI Chicago helped put together discounted continuing education through People?s Energy and was able to fill two 12 hour courses with NACHI members, for greatly discounted rates, and will be setting up more classes in the future. NACHI had a strong presence at the Illinois Association of Realtors convention, with NACHI national sponsoring a booth and NACHI Chicago manning it. NACHI national was issued an Illinois Licensed Home Inspector Education Provider license, to provide NACHI Illinois inspectors with con ed. These are just some of the accomplishments NACHI Chicago Chapter was able to achieve in our firs year of forming. Just imagine what the second year will hold.

NACHI Chicago has other plans in the works for the near future. We are working on a Co-op marketing plan, which would enable members to get together with other NACHI members and share advertising space. These ads would include the NACHI logo and other information. Depending on the extent of the NACHI usage in the advertising, and the location of the advertising, NACHI national would pay for up to 50% of the ad. This would be beneficial and cost effective way to spread your business name as well as the NACHI name. More details will be coming soon.
NACHI Chicago is also exploring other Realtor magazines and publications to advertise in, these would be publications that Realtors subscribe to, so the ads would be geared specifically towards the Realtors.
NACHI Chicago?s education committee has submitted an electrical course to the State of Illinois for consideration for State con ed credits, and is just waiting for the reply. We should soon have an answer on the approval within the next one to two weeks.
The NACHI mobile training unit will be coming to Chicago soon. The unit will be giving classes on windows and doors as well as foundations. These classes will be good for NACHI ceu?s. This is a great way to further your education while gaining free ceu?s for NACHI.

With less than one year under our belt, NACHI Chicago has made numerous accomplishments and will continue to make strides towards the future. With the benefits of being a member of the local chapter growing to include educational and advertising benefits we expect our numbers to continue to multiply. NACHI Chicago continues to grow with every meeting, with our numbers now well over 40. We look forward to an exciting and fruitful New Year and hope many more NACHI inspectors will come along for the ride.

Where are the pictures? How many were in attendance?