NCS Will Collect Money For You

Originally Posted By: wspencer
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

You should ALWAYS get paid for your services, obviously. We all work hard for our money and it isn’t fair for your company to have to carry delinquent accounts

National Credit Systems charges only one low, fixed fee to go after the folks who fail to pay you what you are owed. If they do not pay you, they do get reported to Equifax, Experian and TransUnion and no additional charge.

You can order here: www.ncsplus.com/nachi

Bill Spencer
800-363-7215 x6400

Originally Posted By: dvalley

So your telling me that I have to pay you to attempt a collection, with no guarantee whatsoever?

Why would I choose to lose even more money?

Not only that, why do you charge a ridiculous $20.00 fee on top of what you are already attempting to collect. I think I'd rather pay a collection agency only when they collect my funds.

This is a lose-lose situation for sure.

--
David Valley
MAB Member

Massachusetts Certified Home Inspections
http://www.masscertified.com

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."

Originally Posted By: jkormos

Really, I can collect my own funds

Originally Posted By: lkage

Let’s see…Level 1 service (your minimum) = 15-29 claims @ $30 per = $450.

Stiff me once, shame on you.
Stiff me twice, shame on me.

I think we're quick learners here.

Larry: Thank you for the reply to my post.

You are right that NCS charges $450.00 for the Level I service. It is also true that we are one of the only, if not THE only, fixed-fee agency that phones debtors in addition to writing them letters, and we are also one of the few agencies that actually reports debtors to the major credit bureaus if they fail to pay you. This is your main source of leverage over recalcitrant debtors. You might not get paid today or tomorrow from a stubborn debtor, but a black mark on someone's credit history stays there for seven years. Down the road your debtor is likely to try to buy, or refinance, his home, or purchase a car, or obtain a credit card, or get a job requiring a credit-check...and then they will want to clear away the black mark, and then you hold all the cards.

There is no shame in using NCS---we are a recognized leader in accounts receivable management with over 21 years in the business. We are endorsed by (to mention only a few) The National Association of the Self Employed, The Foundation of Real Estate Appraisers, The National Association of the Remodelling Industry. These associations recommend us to their members because what we provide really works. If you have stubborn delinquent accounts, perhaps you will let NCS work for you.

To David Valley:

Thank you for replying to my post.

Actually, NCS charges a ridiculous $30 per account, not $20, but this amount is not in addition to any sum we are asked to collect. It's a one-time fee, for which we pursue your stubborn accounts by phone and by mail. Anybody who fails to pay you in a timely fashion gets their butt reported to the major credit bureaus.

No collection agency will guarantee you that they will collect on any given account. Most small-to-mid-size companies hold on to their delinguent accounts for way too long. They do this for an eminently rational reason---they don't want a collection agency retaining 33-50% of their hard-earned and well-deserved money. However, if you have 15 NCS pre-paid claim forms in your top drawer, you can turn debtors over to us, literally, the day after the account is past due. Also, agencies that work on a percentage (contingency) basis have zero incentive to work small balances. Why should they? They stand to keep half of the balance. They will 'cherry pick' the biggest, freshest accounts and ignore the rest. NCS provides the same level of service regardless of the age or size of the account.

Can NCS guarantee you that we will collect 100% of any particular account? No way! But please know that, more often than not, the only one losing is the debtor.

Originally Posted By: aleleika

icon_rolleyes.gif

A. Dan Leleika

www.a-teamhomeinspections.com