CMI Cancelled

Originally Posted By: bmerrell
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

CMI Committee did its job and put together the program for Nick to review and implement. The origibal discussion was to have the CMI Course offered before the conference. Bottom line, it did not happen, so the course was cancelled. Anyone who has any questions about the CMI course, program, CMI Designation, etc, should direct all inquiries to Nick. He is now at the helm, and I believe he can gett he CMI off the ground.

For those who are not interested in the CMI, then the designation really does not concern you. Detractors are jsut that, detractors. Those who truly desire a program and a designation will consider this a plus. A NACHI extra.

Either way, any questions should be directed to Nick at NACHI headquarters.

Originally Posted By: Blaine Wiley

First I’ve heard of it, Bill. Care to fill me in?

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Who do I make the check out to??

Originally Posted By: cmccann

Wow, CMI and free convention. Is the party’s included also, Texas hold’em, super bowl? Free nacho’s?

Originally Posted By: rpaul

Does that mean if we get this certification then we will be good in any state? Or just another decoration on the wall? Has anyone check in to asking if this type of certification will carry any weight toward the state certifications or a national recognition? I know some of the classes I took in the Fire Science Courses, there was a state and a National.

If you reach this level and pass the test at a specific grade would it be excepted for automatically being certified for the differant states. Then this would possibly be a gold mine. Just throwing out my thoughts and ideas. Then we could actually be Nationally Certified.

Rick

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Rickey,

Right now CMI is a registered trademark of NACHI. It will be a competence level offered to our inspector-members. It counts toward NACHI CEUs. Each licensed state has different criteria for course acceptance. NACHI also has a 24 CEU credit requirement annually for membership.

This program will fit right in. As to another certification to "hang on the wall", I suspect that a CMI designation will stand out in a marketing brochure, at the very least. The training you'll get out of it will also help you be a better inspector.

Program was cancelled

Bill, Joe F., Anybody,

Who do I make the check out to??

If you really need the course, the exam, or desire the designation or want to join the CMI Committee, call Nick

Have a great day

Bill

Bill,

I talked to Colorado. They tell me that this has been cancelled and you are planning something in NY. In addition the checks are to be made out to the school and Colorado has nothing to do with this.

What's up??

News to me- I have nothing scheduled for a CMI course

Program in Orlando Cancelled-

www.bestinspectors.net for further information

Tag your it

Bill,

So you and the NY Chapter (Patsy) are not planning a program?

Tag, you're it. ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Originally Posted By: mboyett

Ka-Boooom…wow, did that come out of left field or what. The cancellation of the proposed program I mean. I’m shocked, shocked I say!

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

!!!

Originally Posted By: bkelly1

Maybe Nick can chime in with the 411

Originally Posted By: escanlan

Quote:
www.bestinspectors.net for further information

Bill,

Is this something you are currently involved in? What is BIN??

Sorry to disappoint you.

CMI has been cancelled-

George Wells owns and operated www.bestinspectors.net and no I have no interest, connection or dealings with his firm. I was told his software was good, but I don't even have a copy of it.

John-

I wasn't playing tag with you, but if we were you should ask me about the facts before making statements publically. You are the Executive Director and should know these things. We have spoken on the phone privately, and you were aware of the CMI meeting. Why would you spread rumors about my school running and profiting from CMI courses that don't exist? You are working with the Dept. of State in NY as as such, you know how important the truth is. If you speak with Deanna, she will confirm that your posting was not true. Sorry to disappoint you.

Regarding Patsy- Is there a date sceheduled for this supposed CMI Course? A Price? Who is collecting the money? Is it state approved? Is it a continuing ed course. My only conversation, thank you for asking with Patsy is to let him know of continuing education regulations down the road.

Ask Pat if you don't believe me. I think verifying facts is very important.

Have a great day-

Bill,

Then perhaps you should set the record straight. All the information I received was from Nick.

Which one of you is lying?

No one said your school was being paid for the Florida CMI thing. Quit twisting words. I said that Nick told me that the school holding the training collects the money.

Obviously the reason I am asking all of these questions is that no one including your committee has consulted with or even entertained the thoughts of including the NACHI Staff in your meetings, programs, proposals, etc.

This my friend shows signs of impropriety, underhanded methods, etc.
Stop the bull and lay the program out to the members as your committee has it set up to the full membership so they can indeed make an informed decision.

What does the training involve?
Where is this training available?
Who selects which schools or individuals can give this training?
Are the books and programs available to others interested in providing this training?

Perhaps if you and the others showed the decency in including the entire NACHI Staff, these questions would not be necessary. You have now chosen to bring up my position to strengthen your argument. What in the hell is up with that.

This stinks.....and you should be ashamed of yourself. You purposfully have avoided direct questions of payment methods, certification procedures, etc.