3 strikes I am out ... NY wins ..I lose

Originally Posted By: ahalstead
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

… and thanks guys (Bill and Erol) for the words of encouragement.

Originally Posted By: tvanwagner

Does anyone out there know if any schools in the Albany or Hudson Valley area are pending? Due to personal circumstances I am unable to leave my family for 3 or 4 weeks to travel either out west or to Long Island until next July at the earliest. That’s a long time to go without an income…

Originally Posted By: rbennett

Lets try this

We are not HI's we are home buying consultants

Will the law allow us to make a living or are we too far on the edge

rlb --- Florida

Originally Posted By: bmerrell

only posting this here because the private message system is off line- we will have a program in March that will take 12 days to complete Modules 1, 2, 3, and 4

Hope this helps- what happened to the private message system- and the avatar and the e-mail, etc.

Whats going on? Also spell checker was great- now I have typo's galore

Originally Posted By: bmarrone

. Does the 40 hour course I took with HIIA school count if I took your course for the 140 hours? I need to get licensed.

Barney

Originally Posted By: rbennett

Bill

Where are you -- you have questions

rlb

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

The only advice I can give you os to assemble the course materials you took, and the information on the school you attended. Forward the information to the NY Stare DOS, and ask them if they will recognize the schooling you previously took. You have until the 31st to do this. There are no guarantees.

Its worth a shot. I know that the DOS is wlling to consider previous training, in some circumatances, but it is done on a case-by-case basis.

Only state approved courses will be accepted by NY State for Inspectors- If you took a course, before licensing, you can apply for licensure under the grandfather method-there are 2 specifically to address. One requires 250 inspections to be submitted to the state over the past 3 years, and the other requires only 100 inspections and proof that you passed the NACHI test- as long as these items are done before 12-31-05. That is only 3 weeks away.

Otherwise, you are required to attend 100 hours of approved courses Modules 1, 2, 3,4 and pass 4 state approved exams and then complete a 40 hour supervised inspection program under a schools direction or you can request a licensed Home Inspector to sign off inspections that you completed. The key is the fact that you must take the coursework from a program that has been approved by the state of NY (NYS, Dept. of State, Division of Licensing Services) or no credit will be granted as per their application. To receive an application, you can call 518-474-4429 and request a Licensed Home Inspection Application. It will also require General Liability Insurance as well, which must be part of the application.

Much luck and success. Questions, go to our web site for more information.

Have a great day.

Bill

a 40 hour course will never be given 140 hour credit in NY State. That is for certain!

Originally Posted By: lungar

Hi! Bill;

Is your needle stuck, you just keep repeating yourself Over and Over, just

like the bunny rabbit, keeps going ON and ON. I really feel for the people who can’t get in under the Grandparenting Regs but the law is the law.

It seems that there are a few in the middle of the state that have nowhere to go for training but I am sure the state will approve schools thruout the state as soon as possible.

Regards Len

Originally Posted By: jfarsetta

Bill,

You are incorrect, in that the DOS is considering training that was not previously approved. Such is the case with the folks already trained by ABITCO. The State would not need to consider training, if the applicant qualified for either level of grandfathering. I was copied on a letter sent to ABITCO, where this process was specifically mentioned.

40 hrs is not 140 hours- the state will give them needed information- all they have to go is simply call- the school, apparently is no longer in business as per the message which causes even greater problems since a detailed outline certified by the school may not be available for review-

Originally Posted By: rhutchinson1

Al, what preciptated this from the NYS DOL? Did they find this out because you sent in a license application with the NACHI exam as proof of a qualifying exam and they checked your name out to see if you were drawing unemployment then? icon_evil.gif I may have a similar situation. Do I need to start from scratch and take the course from an approved school( I already took a course from AHIT which I hear is approved except their module 3) and take the state exam and not mention NACHI; any ride-along inspections? Is the State being sneaky? My unemployment just ran out (since May) and I have been developing my HI business, but not making any money. I sure as heck can’t pay them back $10,000 especially because all of that time I was diligently trying to find a full time job.

Originally Posted By: jhagarty

bmerrell wrote:
40 hrs is not 140 hours- the state will give them needed information- all they have to go is simply call- the school, apparently is no longer in business as per the message which causes even greater problems since a detailed outline certified by the school may not be available for review-

http://www.abitcoinc.com/serv01.htm

to date, the school you linked in your last post does not appear on the NYS, DOS Approved list of providers. As of today, there are 3 approved in the entire state with more to follow!

Originally Posted By: ahalstead

Robert, Last February I had to go to court with my ex-wife regarding alimony, child-support etc. It was a major chage in circumstance in my life (loss of a high paying job) and I needed to have these payments reduced from $30k/year to something more reasonable. My suspicion is her lawyer (who later became a Realtor/developer/broker) reported me to DOL … either because I started to develop my HI business or my Realtor status or both. Anyway, DOL originally investigated me, i told them i spent 6 days in a class, 1 day showing property and 2 days folding brochures … They said i owed them $100/day because i 1) was not ready, able and willing to work 2) and i was working … (even though I did not make any $$ doing any of that) … I wanted to plead my case to a judge so i asked for a hearing … they lost my original paperwork, I re-requested the hearing and i guess they figured i was being a pain in the A$$ so they did a full investigation on me. They now say that since I had a Realtor license for almost all that period, and that my name was available through NACHI abd Findaninspector, etc that I was advertising and therrefore i was working …

So now they want $8k back from me … I have hired a good labor lawyer … I don’t want to say anymore because you never know any longer who is monitoring this site … I requested a look at my folder and it is unbelievable tat they must have someone closely monitoring all websites, etc

If you want to contact me, please feel free to send me a PM …

Allen

Originally Posted By: wcook2

Hi Allen,

I hope you remember me, I spoke with you at the Capital District NACHI meeting recently. It looks like I will have my NY HI license very shortly. If I can do anything to help you, give me a call. I’m in the book.

Wendell “Wendy” Cook

Originally Posted By: Aimee Jalowsky

Until the new message board system is up, hopefully soon,

There are no PM’s, no email addresses, etc.

Post your NACHI email alias or your own email address to get in touch outside of the board.

No spell check either, Bill, but it will be up soon I'm soon and better than ever!

Originally Posted By: bkelly2

ajalowsky wrote:
Until the new message board system is up, hopefully soon,
There are no PM's, no email addresses, etc.

Post your NACHI email alias or your own email address to get in touch outside of the board.

No spell check either, Bill, but it will be up soon I'm soon and better than ever!

So Aimee, how soon are you?? ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

Originally Posted By: gporter

Use the legal system. Take it to court. It looks unconstitional. If not get sigs have it place on the ballot to have it over-turned.

Allen Halstead

Call me and I will see what I can do to help

Bill

www.merrellinstitute.com

631-563-7720