Has anyone in NYS recieved thier License yet?

Originally Posted By: rpaul
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Give us some hope. Is there any license inspectors in New York State yet?

Originally Posted By: jrivera

patience my man, patience.

santas got something in his bag for you ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

now i lay me down to sleep....................

I am patient! I look at all the other threads on here and see negative, negative and negative! I just wanted to see if we could get something positive and some hope. There are some things heading in the right direction.

Rick

jrivera wrote:
patience my man, patience.

santas got something in his bag for you ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif) ![icon_lol.gif](upload://zEgbBCXRskkCTwEux7Bi20ZySza.gif)

THIS IS POSITIVE, DAMN IT !!!!!

Now go to sleep I said or Santas not coming

Originally Posted By: ktuttle

yep, Paperwork went through on 12/6/05. I called and got my license number from Albany today. No sweat.

EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT !!!

Well done most Home Inspector dude

There you go RP ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: jhanna1

Kevin, when did you mail your application in?

I just called an got my number too. It is working. Just make sure all the paperwork is good and right.

Rick

Alright Rick, eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

Originally Posted By: jpilipczuk

What verification did you send that you had passed the NACHI exam ??

Have to send this application out ASAP, so could anyone let me know ?

Thanks,

Jeff Pilipczuk

Originally Posted By: lungar

Jeff;

Send a email to Nachi at there fastreply email and request a letter stateing that you have passed the test for NY state. You had better hurry because it’s only good till the end of the year.

Regards Len Ungar [ L I Nachi Chapter Pres. ]

Originally Posted By: jpilipczuk

Len,

Thanks, I emailed Nick and he said it was on the way via USPS on Tues. I just wanted to make sure that's all they needed.

Jeff

Originally Posted By: bmerrell

Licenses for Home Inspectors are being issued now on a daily basis- expect a 2-4 week delat from the time you apply- Send it over night and make sure that you have all the documents, that would include your INSURANCE, YOUR TEST PASS FORM, YOUR LIST OF ALL INSPECTIONS IN SEQUENTIAL ORDER, and don’t forget the check. money order or credit card form to pay them.

Much luck and success. Thety have also approved instructors to teach these courses in addition to licensing same. I just received my teaching approval from the state for the licensing courses, effective 12-14-05 in addition to all my courses being approved. They are moving on this but it took 6 weeks for them to get everything done with a school approval status, and it was over 150 pages of forms, whereas license applicants only have 7 itesm to send.

Much luck and success.

Bill Merrell- NYS State Licensed Home Inspection Instructor

I personally know of over 100 people who are still waiting for their licenses in the mail. Be patient!

Hi! Kevin,Rick;

I just checked the The NY state site on licensing and in the section for licensed people and your names are not on the state list.

Not that I don’t beleive you but should it not be on the site ???

Can you clarify this for me please.

I sent all my stuff in a week ago, can you tell me how long it took ???

Thanks in advance.

Regards Len

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko

Len,

I called the DOS for Licensing, 1-518-474-4429 press 1 then 5 and wait patiently. I talked to a customer service Representive. The gentleman was very customer Friendly. He did some checking and gave me my License#.
He said I had a hold on it but I took care of the issue. The hold is releast and now I just have to wait for the letter. I was told it would be about 2 weeks.
I went down through the list on the application. One by one and crossed off everything as I got it in order. I sent them a copy of everything I had pertaining to my Degree in Fire Science, even my transcript. I sent in several copies of the certifications I received. Then I took the NACHI TEST over again 3 days before I sent it in. I got a hold of my insurance company, had them put the binder NYS would be notified 10 days before it is cancelled. Then sent a list of 244 inspections. This is all that they evaluated on me. I sent it in on arouond the 1st of the month on a Friday 2 day mail, delivery confirmation. Then just in contact with them every week. I am just waiting for the mail now.

Len, what list are you looking at because no one else can find a list. Share your information.

Rick

Rick;

If you go to the NYS division of licensing services and click search the licensing Registrants Database then go to where it says [by name] and you didn’t show up. That’s why I was asking. Let me know if it works OK.

Regards Len

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

??? I don’t see home inspectors

Searches are currently available for the following types of licenses/registrations:

Alarm Installer
Apartment Information Vendor
Apartment Sharing Agent
Appearance Enhancement
Armored Car Carrier
Armored Car Guard
Athlete Agents
Bail Enforcement Agent
Barber
Bedding
Central Dispatch Facility
Hearing Aid Dispenser
Hearing Aid Dispenser Business
Notary Public
Private Investigator
Real Estate Appraiser
Real Estate Associate Broker
Real Estate Branch Office
Real Estate Broker
Real Estate Salesperson
Security Guard
Telemarketer Business
Watch, Guard, & Patrol Agency

Searches are limited to active licenses only. You may search as follows;

By ID Number

By Name

By Bussiness Name

Make sure you go with all license types

OH! wait a second they might not have updated the site ???

Regards Len

Len,

I don't think this is in that list of licensing. I know you can evenually go to this site for it but this is so new, I don't think you can get on it yet. I know what the conversations are for me with the state of New York. I was actually told on Friday I should be getting the official letter in two weeks. The actually listing of people will probably be a while and all the updating. I have been in contact with the state and will be until I get the official letter from them. I don't want to be standing in the cold on January 1, 2006.
I don't want to have an empty hand and be doing inspections then get caught. It is being told if you are then you won't be able to get one or be revoke if do get one and there was a problem without a license at a later date. I don't want to be the one taking that chance. Do you?

Rick