Has anyone in NYS recieved thier License yet?

Originally Posted By: Nick Gromicko
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Originally Posted By: rpaul

Len,

I called the DOS for Licensing, 1-518-474-4429 press 1 then 5 and wait patiently. I talked to a customer service Representive. The gentleman was very customer Friendly. He did some checking and gave me my License#.
He said I had a hold on it but I took care of the issue. The hold is releast and now I just have to wait for the letter. I was told it would be about 2 weeks.
I went down through the list on the application. One by one and crossed off everything as I got it in order. I sent them a copy of everything I had pertaining to my Degree in Fire Science, even my transcript. I sent in several copies of the certifications I received. Then I took the NACHI TEST over again 3 days before I sent it in. I got a hold of my insurance company, had them put the binder NYS would be notified 10 days before it is cancelled. Then sent a list of 244 inspections. This is all that they evaluated on me. I sent it in on arouond the 1st of the month on a Friday 2 day mail, delivery confirmation. Then just in contact with them every week. I am just waiting for the mail now.

Len, what list are you looking at because no one else can find a list. Share your information.

Rick

Originally Posted By: lungar

Rick;

If you go to the NYS division of licensing services and click search the licensing Registrants Database then go to where it says [by name] and you didn’t show up. That’s why I was asking. Let me know if it works OK.

Regards Len

Originally Posted By: kwilliams

??? I don’t see home inspectors

Searches are currently available for the following types of licenses/registrations:

Alarm Installer
Apartment Information Vendor
Apartment Sharing Agent
Appearance Enhancement
Armored Car Carrier
Armored Car Guard
Athlete Agents
Bail Enforcement Agent
Barber
Bedding
Central Dispatch Facility
Hearing Aid Dispenser
Hearing Aid Dispenser Business
Notary Public
Private Investigator
Real Estate Appraiser
Real Estate Associate Broker
Real Estate Branch Office
Real Estate Broker
Real Estate Salesperson
Security Guard
Telemarketer Business
Watch, Guard, & Patrol Agency

Searches are limited to active licenses only. You may search as follows;

By ID Number

By Name

By Bussiness Name

Make sure you go with all license types

OH! wait a second they might not have updated the site ???

Regards Len

Len,

I don't think this is in that list of licensing. I know you can evenually go to this site for it but this is so new, I don't think you can get on it yet. I know what the conversations are for me with the state of New York. I was actually told on Friday I should be getting the official letter in two weeks. The actually listing of people will probably be a while and all the updating. I have been in contact with the state and will be until I get the official letter from them. I don't want to be standing in the cold on January 1, 2006.
I don't want to have an empty hand and be doing inspections then get caught. It is being told if you are then you won't be able to get one or be revoke if do get one and there was a problem without a license at a later date. I don't want to be the one taking that chance. Do you?

Rick

Rich;

You are totally correct my friend, I am also waiting.

Elmira isn’t that where they make the sail planes, I think so ???

Regards Len

Len,

Elmira is the area called the soaring capital of the US. We have a factory here that makes Helicoptors. We have the National War Museum here along with the Harris Hill Glider Museum. They taught the pilots for the World Wars here. We have a lot of good history stuff here. We even have Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) buried here. He wrote most of his books here. Eileen Collins is from here too.
Enough of the History of Elmira, NY. Now some times we seem like the prision capitol of the world.
You are welcome to come and visit us some time if you travel through the area. We are on Rte. 17 (86) about 20 minutes from Watkins Glen National Race Track.

Rick

Originally Posted By: pmackanos

rpaul wrote:
Give us some hope. Is there any license inspectors in New York State yet?

Well Ricky, I call them yesterday and they told me my license was printed on 12/19 and congratulations, you are licensed. ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif) ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Paul,

I called today and the office confirmed that mine was issued on 12/19/05, put in the mail on the 20th. I had a number last week but not the issuing date. Isn't that a weird situation. I was told, I will have it in hand in 7-10 days. I am in the boat!
It will be a good year ahead of us. Looking for great expectations this year.

Rick

Originally Posted By: jrivera

I’m numbered up boyz !!! icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif icon_twisted.gif

Originally Posted By: tfisher

I received my license today. Effective Date 12/31/05 and Expiration Date 12/30/07.

Wish everyone in NACHI a great Holiday!

Tom Fisher
Allpro Home Inspection Inc.
Pine Bush, NY 12566

Originally Posted By: jrivera

Yeah, i found out today I’m all numbered up !!!

I a very happy camper!!! eusa_clap.gif I have now gotten my license in hand. I am on the road! It is a very nice Christmas Gift from NYS.

Rick

Originally Posted By: rleone

eusa_dance.gif I just received my license in the mail today. ?Couldn?t ask for a better Christmas gift? and I?m looking forward to a wonderful New Year!!!

Originally Posted By: jpilipczuk

I called today, was on hold for over 25 minutes, and received my license number. I was told 2-3 weeks now to get it in the mail. It only took 5 business days to process, not too bad.

Originally Posted By: dmelandro

I sent my app in and all paper work required, the women in albany told me make sue you professional liaibilty ins. she told it would take 2 weeks to process app.lets see

Did anyone get called that something was missing or incomplete or denied from albany. Is CT grangfather in if you have a N.Y. lic thanks guys.

Originally Posted By: dmelandro

Hi Rick good luck with new lic what number did you get, must be close to the top.

Dennis,

You are only required to carry General Liability. The limitations are in the paperwork. It is not Professional Liability. I believe if you have a license in another state then you will be excepted in NY.
As for my number, I am not sure what the top is but it is 16000006370. I am not sure if it means 6300 inspectors ahead of me or if it is a Radom Numbering system. If you can figure out NYS then you will be ahead of any of us that live here.

Rick

Originally Posted By: fduemig

Whew! I finally received mine today. Lic# 16000009333. Now thats a load off! icon_lol.gif

Fred