Chicago / People's Energy

Originally Posted By: rmyers1
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

. As experts in the industry for more than 150 years, our two, 6-hour training courses are taught by the best and brightest in the field.

Home Inspectors can improve their skills through our affordable and comprehensive training programs. These courses combine classroom instruction with hands-on training at People's Energy's state of the art training facility in Chicago.

Appliance Inspection and Safety Overview, April 4, 2006. This class examines procedures for inspecting natural gas appliances and identifying hazards. Topics will include problem recognition, vented and unvented appliances, flexible connectors, and air requirements for confined spaces.

Advanced Appliance Inspection, and Safety Overview, April 5, 2006. As a continuation of the Appliance Inspection and Safety Overview class, this course further examines additional safety precautions and focuses on in-depth gas appliance knowledge. Inspectors will receive more hands-on training with boilers, furnaces, water heaters, stoves, ovens, and clothes dryers.

Due to the large number of responses we receive for these classes, early registration is recommended. All classes include lunch and a free copy of the People's Energy Construction Guide for Gas Usage.

These courses, typically valued at $325.00, are being offered to NACHI Chicago, Chapter Members Only for the reduced price of $225.00

These courses are approved for both NACHI, and State of Illinois continuing educational credits, 6 hours each, for a total of 12 hours.

Registration is limited to the first 20 applicants.

Visit www.nachichicago.org for registration.

Originally Posted By: John Bowman

Russell,

These are approved for CE's in Illinois. Am I correct?

Yes

These courses are approved by both NACHI, and the State of Illinois for 6 CEU's each, for a total of 12 hours.

We have added this note to the message.

Thank you.

Originally Posted By: jkormos

Good morning Russ, the registration does not appear to be out on the chapter web site yet and I am interested in attending this meeting. What can I do not to get on the list.

Joe

a-1stlook@comcast.net

Joe:

Apparently we work faster than our web site host.

I'm sure the web site will provide this info / link in a relatively timely manner.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Originally Posted By: ekartal5

I just sent Ken Demski an email icon_redface.gif .

What's for lunch? That good pizza I hope.

Erol Kartal
ProInspect

Erol

Sorry, Pizza one day only. Second day usually freshly made to order sandwiches.

Originally Posted By: mthomas2

Russ,

No registration link up yet, I know these fill up fast (I missed the last one) and I want to attend - please put me on list.

Thanks.

Joe, Erol, and Michael

The registration link for these courses, is now available at

www.nachichicago.org

We apoligize for this untimely system failure.

Originally Posted By: wdecker

If I may say so, This course is the BEST I have seen, taught by professionals and has REALLY good food.

How many courses have you attende where you come, face to face, with a CO cycle water heater, BLASTING CO in you face and back drafting that ghostly yellow/ black flame RIGHT IN YOU FACE.

But you are TOTALLY surrounded by professionals. They really know thier stuff and pass it on to you with professionalis and humor.

I have known teachers who knew their stuff and teachers who could trach. These guys are both.

In any case, this is simply the best and most professional CE course I have ever taken.

Hope this helps.

--
Will Decker
Decker Home Services
Skokie, IL 60076
wjd@DeckerHomeServices.com

Originally Posted By: jkormos

Just signed up this morning. icon_biggrin.gif