Water Treatment for heating ( boiler) anyone??

Originally Posted By: pbolliger
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Anyone know of the best way to add water treatment to a boiler (heating) single pipe hydronic system? I believe Kek is the name of the treatment.

My buddy has a system that was treated with Kek many years ago when the system was installed and he wants to add some since it is probably all gone by now. No easy way to do with the current pipe system. He has a drain and a TPR but where do you add the Kek??? Anyone..

Thanks ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Originally Posted By: rcooke

pbolliger wrote:
Anyone know of the best way to add water treatment to a boiler (heating) single pipe hydronic system? I believe Kek is the name of the treatment.

My buddy has a system that was treated with Kek many years ago when the system was installed and he wants to add some since it is probably all gone by now. No easy way to do with the current pipe system. He has a drain and a TPR but where do you add the Kek??? Anyone..

Thanks ![icon_biggrin.gif](upload://iKNGSw3qcRIEmXySa8gItY6Gczg.gif)

Single pipe WOW ! very uncommon . I think I would have the water tested before you add more chemical. Any small Motor home 12 volt pump would do it well . I use one to runn Winshiel anti freeze through my under ground watering system to my lawn.
Yes I have self drains but they do not always work . Fixed two breaks and then got smart.
Roy sr A happy NACHI member

Originally Posted By: Jay Moge

typicly a boiler tech would drop the altitude of the system, use the drain as an access valve and as Roy said, use a small pump to add to remaining water in system. close system and run/test. it’s pretty tricky if you’ve never done it before so i’d call for help. icon_cool.gif