Manufactured Housing Program in New York State

Originally Posted By: rpaul
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

Just wanted to share with all the members in NYS. I just found this on the NYS Website, I thought it would be interesting for when we are out looking at Manufactured Homes.

Manufactured Housing Program

Governor Pataki signed the Manufactured Housing Advancement Act into law on October 11th, 2005. The purpose of the act is to implement the provisions of the Federal Manufactured Housing Improvement Act of 2000. The Act provides for the certification of manufacturers, retailers, installers and mechanics (servicing the structural parts of the home). The law only applies to the federally approved manufactured homes and the relocations of mobile homes, not New York State approved modular homes. It provides for the establishment of training and continuing education programs, standards for warranty seals and bonding requirements. The Act provides for the creation of the Manufactured Housing Advisory Council and dispute resolution process. It also provides for the establishment of penalties for violations and other provisions for compliance with federal laws.

The Department of State, Division of Code Enforcement and Administration will continue to update our web site to provide more information has it becomes available. Applications for the purchase of the warranty seals are currently available in PDF format. With-in the next few days the applications for certification will be available to download with further information about the process to apply. The certification of manufacturers, retailers, installers and mechanics will not be required until July 1st, 2006.

Check back for further updates as they become available.

So after July any new installations should have this seal on it.

Rick

www.rephomeinspection.com

Unique ID: DBFC-98-40B803

Originally Posted By: jhanna1

icon_smile.gif Thank’s for the update Rick!

Originally Posted By: dmelandro

thanks rick, are you going to get certified

Originally Posted By: rpaul

Dennis,

I received my license on December 25, 2005. I am in the boat!

Rick