NEW YORK

Originally Posted By: dosborn
This post was automatically imported from our archived forum.

No cringing this time, must be that charred children imagery that got me…

I am rather new to all of this, but Mr. OConnor says that he feels NACHI is against this legislation, and from my perspective I don't see that as being true. From everything I can tell, most of us are for Legislation just not the Legislation that promotes one of our associations over another, or Legislation that creates Fiefdom's for the Mentors, or Legislation that restricts the ability to enter this profession.

My main concern is something no one has talked about on this board, so I will bring it up. Is how this Legislation puts me out of business. I have only been active for 9 months. I have gone to formal school, I bought all the right equipment, I have my E & O insurance. I have fulfilled every responsible requirement made of me, followed the law in every way and this Legislation will force me to go work for one of my competitors. If I can find one that will mentor me. I think that the grandfathering should demand of me the education and the insurance, but to demand time and inspections that I don't have is unfair.

I am operating legally now, why not write the grandfathering laws lenient enough so that I am not punished for doing nothing wrong.... I am legal today, but might be illegal tomorrow...... Is it really necessary to take that drastic a step to implement this new legislation.????

Dan Osborn