InterNACHI

InterNACHI » "The Inspectors Journal™"

New article on Poison ivy, oak and sumac

September 7th, 2010

Most people are allergic to the oil found in poison ivy – urushiol – but few people realize just how toxic it can be. 500 people can develop a rash from the amount of urushiol oil required to cover the head of a pin, and inhaled vapors of the oil can cause serious injury or death. And it’s virtually everywhere in the United States in Canada, mostly in the leaves, vines and roots of poison ivy, oak and sumac. To learn how to identify these plants, where they’re found and what you can do to protect yourself and your clients, take a look at our new article on poison ivy, oak and sumac.

This blog entry was posted by Rob London.

Popular Sections

:

All Sections

Popular

Membership

Inspection Standards

Education

Chapters & Members

Articles & Links

Other Organizations

 

 

 

NACHI.ORG Statistics