InterNACHI » "The Inspectors Journal®"

New article on carbon monoxide poisoning and detectors

December 11th, 2009

Carbon monoxide (CO) is such a fearsome poison because it has no odor and it can enter almost any home. Also, CO poisoning is difficult to diagnose because many of the symptoms of low- to mid-level exposure mimic a large array of other ailments, such as the flu. The gas forms from malfunctioning combustion appliances such as generators and furnaces. The vast majority of exposures do not result in permanent injury, although temporary ailments, such as headaches and nausea may result. The best defense against CO is strategic placement of CO detectors. To find out more about detector placement, CO dangers and sources, check out our new article on carbon monoxide.

This blog entry was posted by Rob London.

Popular Sections


All Sections



Inspection Standards


Chapters & Members

Articles & Links

Other Organizations




NACHI.ORG Statistics