April 16th, 2010
Should inspectors write their report observations in the past tense?
I say, “Yes.” It may help reduce your liability.
Isn’t the report a document stating the condition of the property at the time of the inspection? Yes. Then why use the present tense?
Read “Inspection Reports: Past or Present Tense?” here.
January 28th, 2010
InterNACHI is pleased to announce that the Washington State Licensing Board has approved InterNACHI’s free, online inspector training courses including:
- How to Inspect the Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior course for 14 hours of home inspector continuing education.
- Electrical Inspection course for 4 hours of home inspector education.
- Safe Practices for the Home Inspector course for 4 hours of home inspector education.
- How to Perform Exterior Inspections for 16 hours of home inspector education.
- How to Inspect HVAC Systems course for 12 hours of home inspector education.
- Structural Issues for Home Inspectors for 4 hours of home inspector education.
- Roofing Inspection course for 4 hours of home inspector education.
- Residential Plumbing Overview for Inspectors course for 8 hours.
- Moisture Intrusion Inspections for 8 hours.
- Deck Inspections course for 3 hours of home inspector education.
CLICK HERE to see actual approvals from the Home Inspector Advisory Licensing Board of the Department of Licensing.
December 1st, 2009
InterNACHI just released a new course on inspecting the attic, insulation, and interior of a residential property. The course, which includes over 40,000 words, a plethora of helpful diagrams and pictures, quizzes and a final exam, is accredited, state approved and totally free for InterNACHI members. Topics include radiant barriers, insulation, ice dams, ventilation, clearance, heat movement, attic access, and much, much more. Take the course or read more about it.
December 3rd, 2008
Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great holiday. There are a few big projects going on at NACHI.TV – the first is a stucco class that we’re hosting at the NACHI.TV studios here in Boulder on December 15th and 16th that we’ll also be making into a video course for all inspectors to take. Look for that soon on NACHI.TV. I’m also working on a new NACHI.TV commercial using a really cool Apple program, so look for that as well. If anyone has any ideas of something they’d like to see on NACHI.TV, let me know. You can email me at vale…@nachi.tv.
I’m looking forward to a great new year with all our members!
December 2nd, 2008
Just wanted to let everyone know I have started to submit the WDO course to various states for some more state CE’s. I have also started to submitting to the Department of Agriculture in both Washington and Oregon with many more states to follow. If anyone ever has a recommendation for another state department to submit a course, please email me direct at email@example.com!
This blog entry was posted by Lisa Endza.
November 24th, 2008
NACHI.TV has just released a brand new HVAC course. For more information, see the HVAC course page on NACHI.ORG.