2009 ICC code book

I need a 2009 ICC code book in “loose leaf binder form” for 1 and 2 family dwellings.

Does any one have a good used one for sale?

Please post, call or email ASAP.

What do you need it for? Just curious.

The ICC B1 certification exam

I have the 2003 and the 2006 now I have to have the 2009 for the test they say, but I am trying to save some money by not buying a brand new book.

I was going to ebay the 2003 and 2006 once I got the 2009.

Which exam is that? I don’t recall what it is for. And why are you taking it? Just to use as a credential or are you attempting to get a license for something?

Mississippi requires home inspectors to be licensed builders and certified code inspectors to perform new home inspections.

The B1 exam is for the certified residential building inspector.
I have been a licensed builder for years now.

I only get about 2 or 3 calls a year in Mississippi for new homes and I farm them out to a friend who sends me his TN inspections.

We have decided to work more together so he is getting his TN licensed and I need to get the code certification.

I could not have passed my ICC exam without this: InterNACHI’s free, online Residential Code Inspection Exam prep tool.

Frank,

Good luck!

That would be great please send it too dhis@comcast.net Thanks.

Travis please CC stlhomeinspector1@gmail.com I sure would appreciate it.

If this is the material that some would pay for and then share with others for free, I have a problem with this.

http://www.bgrtech.com/store/index.php?cPath=1_4&osCsid=5c4473ea4cfee5cfc1e79e2f78171f79

Hey Brian, what’s wrong with sharing copy written material amongst friends. Besides Travis might have some connections with the former Governor up there near Russia.:wink:

You can still pass the test with he 06’ book or you can purchase the 06’ to 09’ changes to add to your 06’ copy

On a clear day I can see Chicago from my front porch too! :stuck_out_tongue:

And to answer Brian…So what! There is NO disclaimer in this stude guide that says I can’t share with my “friends”!

IMPORTANT NOTICES AND DISCLAIMERS CONCERNING THIS BOOK
NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY CONCERNING THE USE OF
THESE DOCUMENTS
**Every effort has been made to produce an accurate study aid with the sole goal
of helping professionals prepare for the Inspection Exam.
The codes, standards, recommended practices, and guides, of which this
document is base on is the ICC[FONT=ArialMT][size=1]® [/size][/FONT]2009 Residential Building Code[FONT=ArialMT][size=1]®[/size][/FONT].
IBC[FONT=ArialMT][size=1]®[/size][/FONT], ICC[FONT=ArialMT][size=1]®[/size][/FONT], and International Building Code[FONT=ArialMT][size=1]® [/size][/FONT]are all registered trademarks and
the property of the International Code Council[FONT=ArialMT][size=1]®[/size][/FONT]. Burger, Inc. does not claim to
have nor does it have any affiliation with ICC[FONT=ArialMT][size=1]® [/size][/FONT]or. Portions of the content of this
document have been reproduced from 2009 International Residential Code,
Copyright 2009. Washington, DC: with permission from the International Code
Council[FONT=ArialMT][size=1]®[/size][/FONT], All rights reserved.
Burger, Inc disclaims liability for any personal injury, property or other damages
of any nature whatsoever, whether, special, indirect, consequential or
compensatory, directly or indirectly resulting from the publication, use of, or
reliance on this document. Burger, Inc makes no guaranty or warranty as to the
accuracy or completeness of any information published herein.
This document shall be used solely for the purpose of preparation for the ICC[FONT=ArialMT][size=1]®
[/size][/FONT]Inspector Exam. This Document should not be used for any other purpose.
You must use the IRC[FONT=ArialMT][size=1]® [/size][/FONT]for any code related need. By making this document
available, Burger, Inc. is not undertaking to render professional or other
services for or on behalf of any person or entity. Nor is Burger, Inc undertaking
to perform any duty owed by any person or entity to someone else. Anyone
using this document should rely on his or her own independent judgment or, as
appropriate, seek the advice of a competent professional in determining the
exercise of reasonable care in any given circumstances.

So there…! Anyone else in need of E1, M1, P1, or B1 study guides…just email me and I will share, "friend to friend"!

You don’t see any Copyright on the book? That would be very strange and unusual.

With this being an open and public discussion board, it could get some folks in trouble if someone decides to enforce the copyright of this book.

Just buy the blasted things. Heck, you can even join ICC for I think $75 and you get a free code book of your choice. They are not that expensive and it is one book that every inspector should have on their bookshelf…

Be careful with copyrighted material…

Ok, I just learned something new…

"Copyright law does not restrict the owner of a copy from reselling legitimately obtained copies of copyrighted works, provided that those copies were originally produced by or with the permission of the copyright holder. It is therefore legal, for example, to resell a copyrighted book or *CD](http://www.nachi.org/wiki/Compact_disc). In the United States this is known as the *first-sale doctrine](http://www.nachi.org/wiki/First-sale_doctrine), and was established by the courts](http://www.nachi.org/wiki/Court) to clarify the legality of reselling books in second-hand *bookstores](http://www.nachi.org/wiki/Bookstore)…*It is important to note that the first-sale doctrine permits the transfer of the particular legitimate copy involved. It does not permit making or distributing additional copies."

I just deleted my copy of B1! So Frank…you can only give it to one person! Billy, please delete your copy NOW and email Frank to get his copy when he’s done! I still have one copy of E1, M1, P1 to give away…:slight_smile:

Please add me to the list!:wink:

:d:d:d:d:d