Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > General Inspection Topics > General Inspection Discussion

Notices

General Inspection Discussion This is a place for general discussion about the home inspection industry. Try to keep the posts topical, but they need not be as specific as the other areas of this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3/16/11, 6:36 PM
InterNACHI Member

Send a message via AIM to whellner
Default buyers protection group

Has anyone heard of buyers protection group out of Atlanta? There are hiring home inspectors across the country to work for them. They offer full benefits and you are an employee of theirs. They said there is no conflict of interest if you own your own company . This sounds to good to be true.Please advise if anyone has heard of them. Thanks.

Will Hellner Florida Licence # HI103
Need a home inspection in Idaho? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Idaho certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 3/24/11, 12:09 AM
InterNACHI Member

Default Re: buyers protection group

Wilfred, got the same card in the mail as you did. I was wondering the same thing.
Old 3/24/11, 9:12 AM
InterNACHI Member

Around here, full benefits sounds like a job!

If they refer you though.

As long as they don't tell you what to write, as it is your own company, your name not theirs, your own responsability.
If legally challenged do they stand by your side or do they stand aside to watch.

Beauchemin,Marc-Andre, B.A. Huissier (1988-2005), inspecteur immobilier CMI et courtier accrédité OACIQ.
BMAinspection CMI
Service dans les deux langues officielles du Canada.
Brossard based, Greater Montreal region, Quebec province, Canada
interNACHI Home inspector & OACIQ Broker . Proud member of interNACHI with CMI designation.
A Mari Usque ad mare.
http://www.inspectionbma.com
Old 3/24/11, 9:26 AM
InterNACHI Member

What they want and need, in your area, is your good name and reputation to link their's to. The opposite is also true, for when "Dateline NBC" or "60 Minutes" does its fifteen minute expose on how untrained "meekers" working for this company have ripped off dozens of blue haired old ladies by recommending needless repairs for their construction companies...they take you down the tubes with it.

Be careful.
Old 3/24/11, 2:49 PM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whellner View Post
Has anyone heard of buyers protection group out of Atlanta? There are hiring home inspectors across the country to work for them. They offer full benefits and you are an employee of theirs. They said there is no conflict of interest if you own your own company . This sounds to good to be true.Please advise if anyone has heard of them. Thanks.

They acquired a real estate services company that filed bankruptcy a while back and are expanding.www.prnewswire.com/

Last edited by rstawicki; 3/24/11 at 2:54 PM..
Old 3/24/11, 3:27 PM
InterNACHI Member

Send a message via AIM to whellner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbushart View Post
What they want and need, in your area, is your good name and reputation to link their's to. The opposite is also true, for when "Dateline NBC" or "60 Minutes" does its fifteen minute expose on how untrained "meekers" working for this company have ripped off dozens of blue haired old ladies by recommending needless repairs for their construction companies...they take you down the tubes with it.

Be careful.
Thanks James for the Info. Yes I read what Meeker always says on the message board. I want to check out this company further so see what is what with them and how legal they are in Florida.Thanks for your input.

Will Hellner Florida Licence # HI103
Old 3/24/11, 10:48 PM
InterNACHI Member

I have just checked them out on BBB (I am not a fan of BBB but it is an indication) and they rate a F.
I will ignore their offer to join them as it will only drag me down into the mud with them. Suggest you do the same unless you live and work in Central Florida because you will then become one less inspector I have to compete with.
Old 3/24/11, 10:53 PM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by akahn View Post
I have just checked them out on BBB (I am not a fan of BBB but it is an indication) and they rate a F.
I will ignore their offer to join them as it will only drag me down into the mud with them. Suggest you do the same unless you live and work in Central Florida because you will then become one less inspector I have to compete with.
Bet they are an F because of the Home Warranty company they bought out.
Read earlier today that it was Land America.
Old 3/27/11, 7:47 PM
InterNACHI Member

Yes... if a customer calls you and you can hear a warranty rep telling them that the home inspector should have inspected the internal components of a condensing unit (or some bizarre thing) you can guess who it is..

You know it's bad when you've heard dozens of agents recommending buyers to buy a SEPARATE home protection plan than that of the one named above. Their reputation had quickly begun to precede them and their "throw everyone under the bus" way of doing biz. Think Fannie and Freddie will change up? Prolly not.

Just sayin!

Home Inspections in Palmdale Lancaster California

Tim Spargo
Spec Rite Inspections
Commercial and Residential Inspections
Flir / Infrared Training Center Certified Thermographer # 66059
Palmdale Lancaster Santa Clarita CA
661-317-5770

Old 3/28/11, 7:59 AM
InterNACHI Member

Send a message via ICQ to jkeilson

Sounds a bit shady to me. I think I would pass on this offer.

Jim

"We Respect Our Clients Right To Privacy"

Jim Keilson Certified Master Inspector

MarylandHomeInspectionServices.com

www.MarylandRadonTesting.org

State of Maryland License# 31141
Virginia Certification#3380 000468
InterNACHI ID: NACHI10101807
(IAC2). Certification # IAC2-02-0919
Maryland Home Inspectors In Gaithersburg, Rockville, Germantown, Bethesda, Potomac, Also All of Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Old 1/31/14, 6:00 AM
InterNACHI Member

Anyone have anything new to add to this three year old thread? I am a new inspector and looking for ways to get my foot in the door.
Old 1/31/14, 10:26 AM
InterNACHI Member

They contacted me last summer, I thought that I'd see what they were all about. So I ageed to meet with them. I was told that their VP would be in town and he would call me and set up an appointment. Never called.

I sent them an email telling them what I thought, he did call and say he was sorry for the oversight and we could reschedule. I passed.

Basically, they want to split the inspection fee with you depening on your experience that could be as low as 40% for the inspector AND you still have to do your own marketing they'll provide the materials.

Ken Brittain, CPI
Home Vue Inspection Services, llc
Inspecting Charlotte, Concord & Surrounding Cities
InterNACHI 11071502 NCHILB 3262
704-455-0482

Old 2/5/14, 1:25 PM
InterNACHI Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrittain View Post
They contacted me last summer, I thought that I'd see what they were all about. So I ageed to meet with them. I was told that their VP would be in town and he would call me and set up an appointment. Never called.

I sent them an email telling them what I thought, he did call and say he was sorry for the oversight and we could reschedule. I passed.

Basically, they want to split the inspection fee with you depening on your experience that could be as low as 40% for the inspector AND you still have to do your own marketing they'll provide the materials.
Thanks for the post, is there any upside to the story or are they simply misinformed in regards to their business plan in thinking that home inspectors would simply split their fee with no perceptible return?

Yes, I'd personally choose a CMI every time over every other inspector. ~ Nick Gromicko, InterNACHI Founder

Certified Master Inspector - 2010
Florida Licensed Home Inspector - HI176
Florida Licensed Mold Assessor - MRSA208

Square-One Inspection "Assurance begins here"