check out my new website

Hi Everybody,

I just published a new website using some of the suggestions you gave me a couple of months ago and would really appreciate some feedback on this one.

I am planning to add some things over time, but I like a simple clean look. Not too distracting or overwhelming for the client, but with enough information to sell my services and be helpful.

I also bought a new domain name. losangelesresidentialhomeinspections.com that is pointed to westsidehomeinspections.com

Please click on the google plus button on the home page or the sample report page.

Thanks again, and I’m looking forward to your feedback.

Hi,
Its great!!!

Looks OK Jose. A couple tips (im not a web pro)

Get yourself a signature block and put it on there.

Dont be afraid to add some pictures.

As far as pointing one to another beware, google places or google ads dont want you putting one site in the listing as your display url that points to another, you’ll get banned. Not sure if this is the case just letting you know.

Hi Mike,

Thanks again! The signature idea is a great one and I am planning on adding some pictures soon. I had seen some posts about pointing URLs, but didn’t see anything about that being banned on Google! Thanks for the info!

Since I am a new inspector, I can use all the help I can get on this stuff. It’s amazing that only two people have replied to my post. I appreciate your input.

Jose Luis Barrera
www.westsidehomeinspections.com

Pointing a site isnt banned per se, its if your display url is one thing and the display points somewhere else. Thats what they dont like.

Glad to help. Best wishes in your new endeavor.

Nice website Jose, everything looked good, just make sure u do a spell and grammer check before posting to your site, sample reports are easy to read and understand as well. Nice site!!

James

Hi Everybody,

I just published a new website using some of the suggestions you gave me a couple of months ago and would really appreciate some feedback on this one.

I am planning to add some things over time, but I like a simple clean look. Not too distracting or overwhelming for the client, but with enough information to sell my services and be helpful.

I also bought a new domain name. losangelesresidentialhomeinspections.com that is pointed to westsidehomeinspections.com

Please click on the google plus button on the home page or the sample report page.

Thanks again, and I’m looking forward to your feedback.
[/QUOTE]

It look great! For me it’s a complete package as it has everything, what it should be.

I like it. The colors are really nice.

Get your phone number on your home page.

Get your **Name **and **phone number **on every page! Make it easy for someone to contact you. There is nothing worse that searching a site to locate your info. If I can’t easily find it when I have made my decision to buy, I am out of there!

it is odd the first few opinions didnt mention something that important (hard to find contact info). i guess since we weren’t actually thinking of calling, we missed lack of contact info, some kind of sub concious brain filter…

True…

(Generally) when we look at other HI sites, we look at content, as we are curious as to what the other guy has on his site that we don’t have. The typical consumer, IMO, couldn’t give a rat’s a s s what content is on a site, as long as the contact info and basic knowledge concerning inspections is there.

I always try to look at sites from a consumers viewpoint. What are *my *habits when surfing sites? I have no patience for cluttered, sloppy sites. It really pisses me off when I have to make more than two clicks to get the info I am searching for. I don’t mind clinking a link to get somewhere, but if you make me click another link to get the info that should have been at the first link, I am gone, and will NEVER return to your site!

Yes, there are many more thoughts, and perhaps I will share them when I get more time. For now, go back through every page of your sites, and make sure they are EASY to navigate, and are easy on the eyes.

www.nachi.org/brutal.htm

I wrote it many years ago, but much of it is still very valid and the advice has stood the test of time.

Your article is something that all inspector webmasters should take not of.

Brutal.htm is a an awesome article! :slight_smile: Home Inspection is a competitive business.