Where do you start with this?

Just for amusement.
The Realtor stated it is still working…

Technically… without seeing how the vent pipes are attached and where, it is acceptable.

Look at the whole picture.
This is an island bar sink.

Isn’t that a proper loop for islands?

I don’t see the issue Eric. What do you see as wrong here?

There is plenty wrong…
The whole picture…

Not seeing the problem. Please educate us.

Yes, that was obvious to me. What are your concerns? How about some specificity with your post? Plumbing? Electrical?

Looks like proper island sink venting method.

You are prolly used to seeing it this way…

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUlqYYUp-gjCm-DxyEXNDLqAh0ARYECI8e-IK3sXdMPSNy2CyxL32z0GpTaQ

But this way is completely acceptable…

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV1dm1Fi0krNIZRd3Pd5PS5RuTwDmixm7m3NebOWarLy3XS_qF

Feed lines not secured.
Feed lines making contact with electrical box.
What you can’t see, hot and cold reversed.
Exposed electrical wiring.
It would appear the only thing correct is the loop drain.

I recommend you go back and EDIT your opening post. These threads live on throughout eternity for education, and your post is reminescent of a bad public school! :stuck_out_tongue:

There is nothing wrong with contact between the j-box and the water lines, however, any time I see NM and/or PVC attached to metal j-boxes, I will attempt to remove the cover plate.

The metal j-box should be bonded (via the egc) to the circuit wiring.

What exactly should I edit teacher?

Jeff P made a good point as far as verifying bond to box…

Curious how many others (I guess it’s likely different in localities) would write up the NM incoming for the range or cooktop as well as the NM wire above, as exposed/subject to damage?

In California, I’ll make a note of any exposed NM subject to damage, not secured properly at surfaces adjacent or connection at the box… but I realize things are different in different places.

Tim,
What exactly are you looking at? I sure don’t see any NM “subject to damage”. Just because it is “exposed” (remember… inside a cabinet) does not make it “subject to damage”. It’s not like someone is gonna take a screwdriver and start poking at it… at least I hope not!

So… in your neck of the woods, that’s regularly done? I mean the installation of NM inside the cabinet? not really done here too much. Typical would be BX or flex conduit.

Most, if not all under-sink NM I see here is plug and cord assemblies under sink or clearly not installed well at all.

NM should still be secured adjacent to the box per standards, within a foot here in CA and there’s a rule for a SG box w/out connector. I don’t recall off hand, but it’s closer. Don’t see that much either.

More than anything, was curious if NM under a sink is common practice in other areas. As mentioned, I don’t see it much here.

And you’re right… kids with pocket knives and screwdrivers should stay out from under sinks.

Edit - I didn’t answer part of Jeff’s question.
It should also be said (I didn’t the first time) that the term “subject to physical damage” and the applying section (334.15) are somewhat “open” to AHJ interpretation. It has been my experience here locally in the areas I serve in CA that NM would not be allowed to be exposed under a sink (even though somewhat out of the way in Eric’s pic) and I would recommend greenfield or BX installed over the exposed surface of the NM, as well as as securing where needed.

Thankfully, what would be a well-installed NM wiring configuration without other defects doesn’t really come up to be “debated” by the parties involved.

In this neck of the woods, all wiring has to be “protected” and that includes the garage, air handler closets and under sinks.

Should is the operative word. Plates, glasses, and a host of other things “can” damage unprotected wiring.

Judging by the focal point of the 2 pictures Eric, you thought the pipes were wrong. Stop backing up so fast, admit your fault and edit the thread.

Gee whiz Russ, maybe you should get you clairvoyance license re-instated! :roll:
If I thought it was a plumbing issue only, maybe I would have posted in a different section, like I don’t know, the plumbing section?
I posted it here just for others to look at and give their opinions. Also, I found it amusing the the Realtor had stated it was working so there was no need to fix it.

I am guessing you are saying that there is nothing wrong with any of the pipes, right?