Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > General Inspection Topics > General Inspection Discussion

Notices

General Inspection Discussion This is a place for general discussion about the home inspection industry. Try to keep the posts topical, but they need not be as specific as the other areas of this board.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10/16/13, 1:43 PM
New User

Please Note: Jeff Sutt is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Flir or Fluke (or other)

Hello,
This is my first post on this forum. I am a high school teacher who has won a grant for about $5K (but also have a parent who is thinking about adding an addition ~$2K) to purchase a thermal camera. I was looking at the Ti200 from Fluke but have not explored other options. Can you help? Any advice on purchasing, durability, ease of maintenance, longevity, expense of up keep, ease of use, ...would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff
Need a home inspection in Tennessee? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Tennessee certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 10/16/13, 4:18 PM
InterNACHI Member

How do I get a $5k grant to buy a camera. Both are great brands!

http://www.UtahHomeInspectionHQ.com
http://www.ChooseOnSite.com

Utah Home Inspection Company providing inspections in Provo, Orem, Springville, Pleasant Grove, Lehi, Eagle Mountain, Sandy, West Valley City, Salt Lake City, & More!

Your Utah Home Inspector,
Sheehan D. Thomson

Like Us on Facebook!

http://www.HomeInspectorPro.com (Best Reporting Software Out There!)

Old 10/21/13, 8:23 AM
InterNACHI Member

What will you be using it for?
Old 10/22/13, 10:49 AM
New User

Please Note: Gary Orlove is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Re: Flir or Fluke (or other)

Jeff,

You should consider attending an IR training first. Courses are offered around the country and you can see a variety of instruments and talk to actual users. ITC offers Level I certification. Please feel free to contact me; we have some fall specials on upcoming courses.

You might find the following links useful:

ITC online courses
ITC instructor led and certification courses

Best regards,

Gary