Illinois Inspectors- A question

A plumber recently told me that water from the condensing furnace and AC units should not drain into a sump pump (mine does) it’s required by almost all codes (according to him) to drain into a pit that is pumped by an ejector in the sewer or septic system. I’ve not written this up. Is it something you folks document ?

Bill,

I looked through Illinois plumbing code real quick but didn’t find anything. You might want to look through here and see that you can find.

http://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/077/07700890sections.html

What would be the reason.?
Did he give you one.

Something to do with chemicals by-products of the discharge. I don’t know the specifics.

so Linas do you write this up?, and how dare you miss the meeting where all the report software blew up.

The condensate has to drain. Preferably to a plumbing DWV pipe, but into a sump or ejector is OK. Into a sump, it could backflow (if the sump pump fails, etc).

The plumber was full of it.

Illinois has two plumbing codes. One for the state and one for Chicago (and some of the surrounding suburbs).

The only difference is that Chicago does not allow supply piping other than metal (copper, preferably. who uses galvanized anymore? :mrgreen: )

This is to ensure full employment by union plumbers.

In Illinois, the unions control everything. Not by law, but by politics.

You cannot sit for a plumbing license test, regardless of your expertise, without being a Union member. Once you get it, you can quit the union, but you have to re-license, sooner or later. Go figure :mrgreen:

Understand this, and you understand everything about the other big association.

The answer to your question is no, the condensate can drain to the sump. Not “best practices”, but acceptable, according to national standards.

Hope this helps;

I don’t write it up. Why did you blow up the software?? Was it like Steve Dahl’s Disco Demolition??? http://www.discodemolition.com/

THAT was a party to remember!
:cool: :mwa-hah:

Joe went to show off 3D and his software froze, then when I went to show HIP the top of my program was lost on the projection screen.From there my templates were scrwd up because I had just downloaded a update that caused a glitch.Talk about panic attack
Go’s with being a Beta tester.
At least I got to show how it downloads 5 photos a second.

I was there too. :margarit:

We use to hang out at various watering institutions with Steve & Co. More than 27 years ago…:frowning:

Then youse guys must remember the Coho lips, another kid in the crawl, and Steve Meirs Hat Dance, not to mention his Disco three blocks south.
Ah the good old days.
I think I was going to the fish tank place around then.
Can’t recall the name , though it was over by the Limelight.

I think I was there but I don’t remember.:smiley: