Infrared Certified Certification Questions

It says that I need to take a bunch of Nachi courses which most of them I have already taken with C&D, do I still need to take them again at Nachi?

1. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Electrical course (online & free for members).
  2. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Plumbing course (online & free for members).
  3. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Roofing course (online & free for members).
  4. You must complete InterNACHI’s online HVAC course (online & free for members).
  5. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Structural course (online & free for members).
  6. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Exterior Inspection course (online & free for members).
  7. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior Inspection course (online & free for members).
  8. You must complete InterNACHI’s online Moisture Intrusion Inspection course (online & free for members).
  9. You must complete at least ten (10) ADDITIONAL training hours

The only course I would not have is the Moisture Intrusion Inspection and need to take 10 additional training hours.

Thanks,

David

Yes. CD courses are not recognized.

Why not. They are very well recognized in the industry.

Thanks for your quick replies.

David

Sorry forgot to ask. If an InterNachi member is Infrared Certified and they move away from the association, can they still use the IC logo?

Thanks,

David

The last time we reviewed (and in fairness to CD, it has been a few years), the material was outdated.

No. It’s a free professional designation for InterNACHI members.

Thanks again,

David

What’s C&D?

Carson Dunlop http://www.carsondunlop.com/

Ohhh…well recognized?

Carson Dunlop material isn’t bad. It’s not at the level InterNACHI’s courses are at, but there isn’t anything wrong with it. Carson Dunlop is much better than AHIT IMHO and CD’s material is much more in-depth than AHIT’s. Don’t get me wrong, AHIT is a good school for people who have zero construction experience; very basic/entry level.

Regarding the currency of the Carson Dunlop courses, I can tell you that the courses are substantially updated from what they were a few years ago, and are reviewed and updated on an annual basis.

Nick, I appreciate that you indicated that your opinion was based on a few years ago, but I can assure you that being up to date is very important to Carson Dunlop, and that there are processes in place to make sure that this is so.

I used to work at Carson Dunlop, so I have first-hand knowledge of this. And I don’t work there anymore, so I don’t have any reason to lead anybody on.

Regards,

Graham Clarke, P.Eng.
www.ClarkeEngineering.ca

Thanks Graham. Like I said, I haven’t reviewed them in several years. Glad to hear they have been updated. CD puts out good course material.