Locked in garage?

I almost got locked in a garage on a vacant hud house a few weeks ago.
The service door was one of those that stays locked when you exit.
The garage door had one of those hud padlocks very well placed in the track.
No other doors or windows were present.

I heard the door make a sound as it drifted closed but luckily it did not latch all the way.

How many of you memorize the address you are at in case you have to call someone to get you out of a jam? If so, will you still remember it a few hours into a pos with several phone interuptions?

Most vacant HUD homes have some damage. Like damaged service door jambs. :wink: The cops here call them, “one kickers”.

First thing I do is take a picture of agents sign and then a picture of the home with # if possible , Thanks for the reminder… Roy

It did happen on a roof of a condo to me. I assure you it will only happenonce. :stuck_out_tongue:

I learned the hard way to always check bedroom doors from the outside. Shut the door then found that the door knob was broke. Almost called for help but then I just jumped out the window Ranch homes are good for this

Funny! Same thing happened to me a couple years ago. Second story window though meant no jumping! Looked out the window and called the listing agent from his sign. They still give me a hard time about it :slight_smile:

Lucky I have one of those padlock keys, but I did almost get locked in a bathroom. It is a good reminder. Thanks

I was in a 60 year old home yesterday. Shut the bathroom door. It locked and I was stuck. Realtor was on the other side. I told him I was locked in. I finished inspecting teh bathroom and then tried the door again. Turned the know as hard as I could and it finally opened. I would have never fit thru the small window.

there are so many ways out but not many that are non invasive…

Don’t you guys carry a Leatherman tool on your belt? Pop the pins from the hinges!

Of course won’t work on the garage door (if proper), but was aimed at the interior doors guys.

[quote=“jjonas, post:10, topic:64768”]

Don’t you guys carry a Leatherman tool on your belt? Pop the pins from the hinges!

Of course won’t work on the garage door (if proper), but was aimed at the interior doors guys./QUOT

That is good advice

Good advice

You assume that we don’t have tools with us.:o:)

I popped the pins but sometimes the doors still won’t come off due to being shut and the way the hinges are made.

The hud key is pretty common. I have one that I carry with me.

You don’t write up:
“Security hinges installed on interior doors” as a fire safety issue???
:shock::shock::shock:

:p:twisted::mrgreen:

At the office: I enter all the information about the home, agent, buyer, etc in my excel matrix. My wife knows where the file is.

On the Go: I enter the home, agent, buyer, etc in my phone calendar as soon as I book the inspection.

If I am to enter a crawlspace and no one is coming for a review, I text my wife the address prior to entering the crawlspace. I have been stuck before trying to go further than I should.

I know there are still ways to get yourself in trouble, but these are the methods I use.