NEC Version

When I look thorugh the various posts (especially in the Electrical section, of course), I see a lot of references to the NEC - 2002, 2005 and 2008 versions. As someone who is just entering the inspection business, I can see the need to have an illustrated version available, but would like to have recommendations on which version to purchase. TIA

Frank, I would strongly recommend the products and training materials provied by Mike Holts company www.mikeholt.com

Regards

Gerry

I agree…but this link is better -http://www.mikeholt.com/index.php?affiliate=1116179721

It is a nice looking site and I will certainly consider him for whatever is priced competitively. However, I am still looking for a recommendation as to which code version I should be focusing on.

I think I may have posted this in the wrong place so if the adminsitrators want to move it to ‘electrical’ it would be ok with me.

Hi to all,

Sorry Frank I misunderstood your question, for now I would concentrate on the 2005 NEC as the 2008 is not out yet and many areas will not fully adopt it until 2010-2012 (some are very slow to change).

Regards

Gerry

That is about what I was thinking would probably work best, but I kept seeing a lot of people referring to the 2002 code. I’ll probably order an illustrated 2005 version for reference. Thanks for the help.