New build

Home had only 4-6 inches of loose fill insulation. That would be around R19-R30. Am I right in noteing that the insulation installed is not up to current energy standards 9-12 inches?

Also on the poured concrete foundation at one area of the wall there is a plastic edge. Is this part of the form or were they trying to repair a seam or crack? I tested for moisture and there was no indications of a leak. The discoloration at the plastic edge just looks like the concrete is a different color.

Thanks

92107 023 (Small).jpg

92107 022 (Small).jpg

Here are a few more questions.

How would you report on a stove anti tip being new or old construction? (See photo)

I mention it is require by the manufacturer but there never seem to be installed. It is asfety concern for small children.

Also please submit you responses on the photos below on how you would report on a 2006 house.

thanks

92107 031 (Small).jpg

92107 029 (Small).jpg

92107 014 (Small).jpg

92107 003 (Small).jpg

92107 021 (Small).jpg

Here is a better picture on the other side of the basement steps. You can not see it very well but there is a void in the concrete by the steps & floor.

92107 030 (Small).jpg

If that insulation is in the attic it’s not enough. Should be at least R-30

Not sure about the foundation

WOW, poor quality workmanship from what I see.

I always check and point out the tip device, saftey reasons

I would offer your client a discount on a warrantee inspection in 11 months.

New home construction. List what you see.

Anti tip device - not installed. It is a manufacturer installation recommendation for child safety.

Toilet - Floor around toilet missing tile / grout. Water can pentrate this area if not sealed.

Patio slab - not installed in workman like manner.

Steps - not sure, but that bottom riser looks too small. Did you measure the height variance compared to the other risers. Cant see from picture, but there is a handrail, right?

Window - hard to tell from picture, but it does not appear to be sealed properly - those look like rust stains running down the wall.

Cant comment on the insulation - I forget the r value of cellulouse.

Peter - why offer a discount on the waranty inspecton? I would do it at full price, or at least let him think he is getting a discount (but not giving him one).

Steps also appear to have non treated material in contact with the cement slab.

Hi. David;

Looked at your posts and have this to comment.

The insulation in the attic appears to be cellulose and equivalent to an R-factor of 15.65 for the apparent 5" installed.

If that is a poured foundation, they must have used form liners to simulate brick.
Looks like construction joints and mortar spalling.

Anti-tip devices should be installed as recommended by the Manufacturer.

Sloppy work and unacceptable performance standard expected of a new Home.

Check the riser height, should not deviate more than 3/8".
The under stair construction appears to show that the stringer cut out is way over the recommended practice. A minimum of 3 1/2" of the stringer should be left after the cut out is made. Three stringers should be installed in this stairway.

It is conceivable that the concrete floor was poured after the stairs were built and that would explain why they appear to be sunk in the floor and the bottom riser looks buried. And yes, no P. T. observed.

Rust stains, evident from either steel frame around glass blocks from water intrusions. Appears that rust stains are also coming down from the box header.

Marcel :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
</IMG></IMG>