What should I know about sprinkler systems?

I know this not part of the SOP but I plan on taking the NHIE this week and remember reading somewhere that there were questions about sprinkler systems on it.

Has anyone taken it and can remember what kind of things there were about sprinkler systems that I should know?

Somehow I just knew you were going to post on this! :mrgreen:

They use water.
There is very little you need to know as they are not part of SOP.
You can not certify them as OK unless you can see the broken lines.

It is becoming clear why it takes you soooo long to write your detailed reports. :wink:

So how many other broken things do you “Certify” as OK? LOL

I certify you.
That makes you certifiable in my report.:smiley:

Perfect Bob. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Go to one of the box stores and tear off one of the instruction sheets . Too simple .

Unless you are certified and can show you are, stay away from them. It’s been some time since I took the IL state exam, same thing as NHIE, but do not recall anything on them. If so, go with common sense answer.

There are systems that do not use water, even in a house. It may be a dry system, on a porch area for instance or where low temperaterus are a factor.

David,

What you should learn is to make sure your clients understand if you are inspecting them or not.

If you choose to inspect them, learn how to describe what you do and don’t do, what you can see and what you can’t see.

You will need to learn about timers, the types of anti siphon valves there are, their relation to the height of the building and req’s set forth by type (common defect)

I tend to stay away from them in my report, I will, at times operate them as a courtesy.

This is a great illustration for all of us to ponder upon…that being the incredibly vast difference between preparing to take a test about home inspecting…and preparing to be a good home inspector.

Indeed, had Picasso given a written test for Da Vinci to pass to become a “licensed” painter…poor Leonardo would have failed for putting the eyes symetrically on both sides of the nose.

Right on James!

I am talking about the test, not reality here =)