Aloha from Kauai, Hawaii

Aloha from the beautiful island of Kauia.
As some already know, my full time job for a few more years is with Uncle Sam. Well, this year he has outdone himself and sent me to the island of Kauai for THREE weeks!! I was fortunate enough to be able to bring my family along for a most memorable trip. Here are a few pics of the kids on the beach and one of the family hiking the Waimea Canyon.
Dave

100.jpg

100.jpg

100_6329.JPG

My favorite island by far! What part of it are you staying on? Last time I was there I was lucky enough to stay at a place a friend had on the north side of the island. It’s such a beautiful place, and not crowded like most of the other islands. Snorkeling and scubad diving there is awesome too. Lucky you!!

Nice pics.

Looks nice! I’m happy for you Dave. Enjoy your family and yourself. :smiley:

Dave,

I’m jealous.

My wife and I got married in Oahu in 1999 and then flew and stayed in Kona (Big Island) for a week. We had our ceremony in bare feet with my tux and my wife’s gown… on a sandy beach.
The scuba diving was absolutely amazing. I loved the colors of the coral and fish under the water, there.

I loved it and didn’t want to return home.

I hope you had a great time.

The wettest spot on earth. I was deployed to Barking Sands for a time with my Helo squadron. Had quite the adventure at Palihali beach.

Good for you, enjoy!

Yeah, but you haven’t lived until you watched a football game at the Pearl Ridge Bar and wait for the fights to break out. Unfortunately it is not there anymore. Just had a Navy buddy come back from vacation and he said the islands especially Oahu have changed dramatically. I lived in Waianae for close to four years and loved it over there. If I could have talked my wife into it I would still be there.

We’re staying in a house in Kekaha on the Southwest side. I am working at Barking Sands for a major exercise going on there. We just got here on Monday and don’t return home until Feb 12th. The kids are loving it, not only are they in Hawaii for 3 weeks, they get to miss school as well. But don’t worry, their all good students and their teachers had no concern about missing for so long.

The susnsets are spectacular!! I thought I may never come home…that was until we went grocery shopping. Ouch, things are not cheap by any means!!

Dave

David, what a small world! My wife and I honeymooned in Kauai and Maui in Nov 1999. Kauai is by far the most beautiful and as Dominic said the least trafficked. We stayed at the Sheraton. Planning on going back for our 10 yr anniversary next year. It’s hard to understand when they call it paradise until you step off the plane in an non air conditioned airport. Great Pics.

Three weeks??? . . . not fare, not fare! . . . Hope you have a great time!

I spent 52 weeks in Hawaii last year… and the year before that… and on and on. :slight_smile:

Just ruuuuub it in why don’t you!

Hey Martin,

Got room for me, my two kids and the wife?

I’ve been to “Hilo” on a “Chopper”, that’s a pretty wet place no matter what time of year you’re there…