Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > General Inspection Topics > Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors

Notices

Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors Discuss whatever you wish in this forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 4/17/13, 8:52 PM
Michael J. Meeker, CMI's Avatar
Michael J. Meeker, CMI Michael J. Meeker, CMI is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South East Florida
Posts: 11,335
Default America dodged a bullet today :)

I hope you are all aware of how lucky we are that the politicians finally came to their senses. We were just a few votes away from having lost the ability to protect our family, friends and community as we see fit. Consider today a great day and continue the pressure on the communist minded folks that run our government and do all you can to make sure you never lose your second amendment rights. They are all that stands between you and death. When trouble comes your way you have only yourself to rely on. Dialing 911 will do nothing but get someone there to show up and identify you and your dead family. Arm yourselves and always be prepared to protect those you love. If you do not no one will We as a nation dodged a bullet today lets make sure it is dead forever and it does not ever come up again. Do not let the past repeat itself. Protect your rights for those you love and those who cannot protect themselves.

PLEASE this I beg of you all.





Wind Mitigation Specialist
FLORIDA LICENSED GENERAL CONTRACTOR
Call 954-922-0584 or E-Mail Me For The Best Wind Mitigation Inspection in Florida at a Great Price

www.homeinspection.meekerindustries.com
mike@meekerindustries.com
http://www.meekerindustries.com

I WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS SO YOU WILL NOT LOSE THEM.
Reply With Quote
Need a home inspection in South Dakota? Check out InterNACHI's listing of South Dakota certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
  #2  
Old 4/17/13, 9:12 PM
Jeff Spencer Jeff Spencer is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nevada, Iowa
Posts: 785
Default Re: America dodged a bullet today :)

Its ok. With everyones attention on Boston and the concerns over gun control he was able to do something that to make himself feel better.
http://news.firedoglake.com/2013/04/...-for-congress/



Jeff Spencer
Story County Home Inspections
Ames, Iowa
515-779-6724
jeff@storycountyhomeinspections.com
www.Storycountyhomeinspections.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 4/17/13, 9:23 PM
Michael J. Meeker, CMI's Avatar
Michael J. Meeker, CMI Michael J. Meeker, CMI is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South East Florida
Posts: 11,335
Default Re: America dodged a bullet today :)

I am just glad AMERICA WOKE THE HECK UP AND REALIZED WE MUST KEEP THE ABILITY TO PROTECT OURSELVES AS WE SEE FIT.

Finally something went the way I wanted it to go

A tad bit of hope has been restore to me about the American politicians.

They actually need what was necessary for the well being of our Country.





Wind Mitigation Specialist
FLORIDA LICENSED GENERAL CONTRACTOR
Call 954-922-0584 or E-Mail Me For The Best Wind Mitigation Inspection in Florida at a Great Price

www.homeinspection.meekerindustries.com
mike@meekerindustries.com
http://www.meekerindustries.com

I WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS SO YOU WILL NOT LOSE THEM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 4/17/13, 10:35 PM
Nick Gromicko's Avatar
Nick Gromicko Nick Gromicko is offline
InterNACHI Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nederland, Colorado
Posts: 43,689
Default Re: America dodged a bullet today :)

We won this battle.

But there are still many legislators out there who are willing to risk hundreds of millions of innocent lives to tyranny.

Here are the 4 pro-tyranny fake-republican senators who voted against freedom:

Pro-tyranny Toomey from PA.
Pro-tyranny Kirk from IL.
Pro-tyranny Collins from ME.
Pro-tyranny McCain from AZ.

Background checks might save a few dozen lives a year, I'm not sure. The government taking another step closer toward disarming the citizenry has certainly lead to millions of deaths historically.

Q: What sickos would trade millions of innocent lives for a few dozen?
A: Toomey, Kirk, Collins and McCain.



Nick Gromicko, Certified Master Inspector
President, Contractors Association
Author, How to Run a Successful Home Inspection Business
Founder, InterNACHI
Owner,Nick Gromicko General Contractor


"Just as iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another."- Proverbs 27:17
Planet InterNACHI.... resistance is futile.

Last edited by gromicko; 4/17/13 at 10:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 4/17/13, 11:10 PM
Jeffrey R. Pope, CMI's Avatar
Jeffrey R. Pope, CMI Jeffrey R. Pope, CMI is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 11,775
Default Re: America dodged a bullet today :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
Background checks might save a few dozen lives a year, I'm not sure.
Are you kidding? There's no way this could be quantified one way or another.

Criminals should not be allowed to have guns, but a background check certainly won't stop them from obtaining one.

We can blindly claim this as a "victory," or we can open our eyes and see that this never should have made it to a vote.



IF YOUR INSPECTOR IS NOT USING THERMAL IMAGING, YOU'RE NOT GETTING THE WHOLE PICTURE «
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
Santa Clarita CA
(661) 212-0738
Santa Clarita Home Inspection
http://www.MyInspector.net


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 4/17/13, 11:30 PM
Jeff Belrose Jeff Belrose is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St.Albans, VT
Posts: 697
Default

The only people we have to protect ourselves from is each other...the love affair with guns is bs. I don't share your excitement. If some dumb *** wants to shoot you. or me...he will. Cuz he has a gun and the will to do so. Like all of those kids and folks the other day...you aren't going to know it or be ready enough to defend yourself with your assault rifle or side arm. No need for any of it. What we all NEED is to exist together without all of that stuff. But clearly, we can't. Sad day.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 4/18/13, 12:13 AM
Rico Sandoval's Avatar
Rico Sandoval Rico Sandoval is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lake Elsinore, CA.
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpope View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
Background checks might save a few dozen lives a year, I'm not sure.
Are you kidding? There's no way this could be quantified one way or another.

Criminals should not be allowed to have guns, but a background check certainly won't stop them from obtaining one.

We can blindly claim this as a "victory," or we can open our eyes and see that this never should have made it to a vote.
We are all criminals. Some have been convicted and some are still on the loose.





'Today's Home Inspection Service'
Because Today Sounds Good!
951.202.4492 / 949.424.4290
Inland Empire and Orange County
www.todayshomeservice.com

Certified Roof Inspector via NRCIA
Certified Home Inspector via AHIT
Certified Pool/Spa Inspector via AHIT
Mold Inspector CMI-79952
Mold Remediator Contractor CMRC-79892
Health and Safety Technician for
Mold Assessors and Remediators # 79979
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 4/18/13, 12:15 AM
Nick Gromicko's Avatar
Nick Gromicko Nick Gromicko is offline
InterNACHI Admin
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nederland, Colorado
Posts: 43,689
Default Re: America dodged a bullet today :)

Even if background checks would have prevented every mass shooting (background checks wouldn't have, but hypothetically, let's say they would have)... you're still arguing over hundreds of lives at most and the argument is theoretical.

In contrast, we KNOW that historically, any step toward gun control, even sensible (on the surface) steps... increase the odds of tyranny. Tyranny isn't some far-fetch theory... it's recent human history. And it causes the loss of millions of lives.

Put millions of lives at risk to theoretically save hundreds? What math are they using to suggest that trade? Someone buy the gun-control movement a $5 calculator.



Nick Gromicko, Certified Master Inspector
President, Contractors Association
Author, How to Run a Successful Home Inspection Business
Founder, InterNACHI
Owner,Nick Gromicko General Contractor


"Just as iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another."- Proverbs 27:17
Planet InterNACHI.... resistance is futile.

Last edited by gromicko; 4/18/13 at 12:19 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 4/18/13, 8:27 AM
Jeff Belrose Jeff Belrose is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St.Albans, VT
Posts: 697
Default

I am not sure where you are getting "millions". The whole Tyranny angle is just the misguided fear of grown men. I feel more protected by this government then I do fearful. The NRA does nothing to help solve the issue accept present the stupid idea of arming teachers. i spent 20 years in education and mental health and ran a secure facility for trouble kids. I was the first in my area and one of the first to put in cameras and locked doors. I feel like I saw this coming long ago. My wife is a teacher (27 years). You don't want her possessing a gun in school. She doesn't want that either. We are creating a less engaging society with all of the technology available, a more divided society politically. I am more concerned with the fact that we are creating a less accepting society, that those with greatest financial means are becoming more and more jaded in regard to their fellow man and separating themselves and their money from the real issues that need to be addressed. I am more fearful that we have sent so many jobs offshore that we have created a huge group of nearly unemployable individuals who resort to other means to survive. We have a huge prescription drug problem in my area.. Guns just complicate all of this.

I live in a state where hunting is huge. Where guys live and breathe deer hunting. Great folks. A high percentage of them will tell you that assault type weapons do not belong in the hands of the everyday person. In my mind, you shouldn't be able to own one. In my mind, no one should be allowed to posses them or body armor. Why do you need this stuff? If you think you are going to need to take up arms against your government or your neighbor, then you have other issues. We have evolved.

Tracking and registration should be on every gun sold. Like all of your cars. Background checks would help going forward. No they, wouldn't account for the trip hammer dude that already owns one and carries out the next deed, But it is a step in the right direction. Put freaking Google on it for Pete sake, they track everything else you do.

Nobody is trying to take your guns. So, stop freaking out that about that. It is not the issue. But if you shouldn't have a gun, and show this in a background check, like a job or owning a car, I personally really don't want you having one.

I want to see real change in this area, in the safety of our citizens. I want to see what responsible gun owners and the NRA are going to do to be helpful in that. The of thosemajority of people in this country feel as I do. You will see this going forward. People want a safe and accepting society. Most people could care less about gun ownership on a daily basis. But misguided fear makes people do things that they really shouldn't in the end. It is in the paper everyday.

That vote was about politics, not what was best for the people. I feel for the Newtown families, Gabby Giffords. and all those effected by gun violence. We aren't doing enough to protect our citizens. Guns are not the greatest means to do this. It takes human action to pull a trigger. Clearly, we need to work on the human factor.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 4/18/13, 8:52 AM
Michael Larson's Avatar
Michael Larson Michael Larson is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hudson, WI including the Twin Cities of MN
Posts: 51,725
Default Re: America dodged a bullet today :)

Quote:
The whole Tyranny angle is just the misguided fear of grown men.

A high percentage of them will tell you that assault type weapons do not belong in the hands of the everyday person. In my mind, you shouldn't be able to own one. In my mind, no one should be allowed to posses them or body armor. Why do you need this stuff?

Tracking and registration should be on every gun sold.

Nobody is trying to take your guns.

I want to see real change in this area, in the safety of our citizens.

Clearly, we need to work on the human factor.
Except for your last statement I think you hit every talking point of the lefties in this country.

Please study some history and then come back and apologize to those of us who want to protect our constitutional rights without government intervention.



As a Professional Home Inspector, I support the privacy of my clients.

For more information click Trustyourinspector.ORG


www.InspectraPro.com
www.MinnesotaHomeInspector.biz

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Services provided in East MN and West WI

Call me

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 4/18/13, 8:58 AM
Michael Larson's Avatar
Michael Larson Michael Larson is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hudson, WI including the Twin Cities of MN
Posts: 51,725
Default Re: America dodged a bullet today :)

The president accused the NRA of lying to stop the background check expansion. What lie?

Well the gun controllers have been lying for 80 years.

Quote:
For roughly 80 years, beginning with The National Firearms Act, a series of Congresses and Presidents have told us that we need "common sense" gun laws to "stop crimes."

But the government has repeatedly lied. In the seminal case before the US Supreme Court over the National Firearms Act, US .vs. Miller, dealing with a sawed-off shotgun the government argued that such a weapon had never been in common military use.

This was a lie -- the government had in fact itself purchased short-barreled shotguns for use by the military in WWI to guard prisoners!

Not only was this information deliberately withheld from the US Supreme Court the government's attorney intentionally lied under oath and stated that no such weapons were or had ever been in common military use.

Mr. Miller, impoverished, was unable to afford representation at the court and thus no opposing argument and exposition of the government's intentional deception was ever brought forward in that seminal case.

It would be nice if the deceptions stopped there, but they have not.................
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?singlepost=3184938



As a Professional Home Inspector, I support the privacy of my clients.

For more information click Trustyourinspector.ORG


www.InspectraPro.com
www.MinnesotaHomeInspector.biz

Michael Larson
Hudson, WI

Services provided in East MN and West WI

Call me

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 4/18/13, 9:26 AM
Michael J. Meeker, CMI's Avatar
Michael J. Meeker, CMI Michael J. Meeker, CMI is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South East Florida
Posts: 11,335
Default Re: America dodged a bullet today :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
Even if background checks would have prevented every mass shooting (background checks wouldn't have, but hypothetically, let's say they would have)... you're still arguing over hundreds of lives at most and the argument is theoretical.

In contrast, we KNOW that historically, any step toward gun control, even sensible (on the surface) steps... increase the odds of tyranny. Tyranny isn't some far-fetch theory... it's recent human history. And it causes the loss of millions of lives.

Put millions of lives at risk to theoretically save hundreds? What math are they using to suggest that trade? Someone buy the gun-control movement a $5 calculator.
Fools will never see the truth.





Wind Mitigation Specialist
FLORIDA LICENSED GENERAL CONTRACTOR
Call 954-922-0584 or E-Mail Me For The Best Wind Mitigation Inspection in Florida at a Great Price

www.homeinspection.meekerindustries.com
mike@meekerindustries.com
http://www.meekerindustries.com

I WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS SO YOU WILL NOT LOSE THEM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 4/18/13, 9:28 AM
Michael J. Meeker, CMI's Avatar
Michael J. Meeker, CMI Michael J. Meeker, CMI is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: South East Florida
Posts: 11,335
Default Re: America dodged a bullet today :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbelrose View Post
I am not sure where you are getting "millions". The whole Tyranny angle is just the misguided fear of grown men. I feel more protected by this government then I do fearful. The NRA does nothing to help solve the issue accept present the stupid idea of arming teachers. i spent 20 years in education and mental health and ran a secure facility for trouble kids. I was the first in my area and one of the first to put in cameras and locked doors. I feel like I saw this coming long ago. My wife is a teacher (27 years). You don't want her possessing a gun in school. She doesn't want that either. We are creating a less engaging society with all of the technology available, a more divided society politically. I am more concerned with the fact that we are creating a less accepting society, that those with greatest financial means are becoming more and more jaded in regard to their fellow man and separating themselves and their money from the real issues that need to be addressed. I am more fearful that we have sent so many jobs offshore that we have created a huge group of nearly unemployable individuals who resort to other means to survive. We have a huge prescription drug problem in my area.. Guns just complicate all of this.

I live in a state where hunting is huge. Where guys live and breathe deer hunting. Great folks. A high percentage of them will tell you that assault type weapons do not belong in the hands of the everyday person. In my mind, you shouldn't be able to own one. In my mind, no one should be allowed to posses them or body armor. Why do you need this stuff? If you think you are going to need to take up arms against your government or your neighbor, then you have other issues. We have evolved.

Tracking and registration should be on every gun sold. Like all of your cars. Background checks would help going forward. No they, wouldn't account for the trip hammer dude that already owns one and carries out the next deed, But it is a step in the right direction. Put freaking Google on it for Pete sake, they track everything else you do.

Nobody is trying to take your guns. So, stop freaking out that about that. It is not the issue. But if you shouldn't have a gun, and show this in a background check, like a job or owning a car, I personally really don't want you having one.

I want to see real change in this area, in the safety of our citizens. I want to see what responsible gun owners and the NRA are going to do to be helpful in that. The of thosemajority of people in this country feel as I do. You will see this going forward. People want a safe and accepting society. Most people could care less about gun ownership on a daily basis. But misguided fear makes people do things that they really shouldn't in the end. It is in the paper everyday.

That vote was about politics, not what was best for the people. I feel for the Newtown families, Gabby Giffords. and all those effected by gun violence. We aren't doing enough to protect our citizens. Guns are not the greatest means to do this. It takes human action to pull a trigger. Clearly, we need to work on the human factor.
I fear sheep like you thank goodness you were defeated. Something finally worked out how I wanted it to . Finally





Wind Mitigation Specialist
FLORIDA LICENSED GENERAL CONTRACTOR
Call 954-922-0584 or E-Mail Me For The Best Wind Mitigation Inspection in Florida at a Great Price

www.homeinspection.meekerindustries.com
mike@meekerindustries.com
http://www.meekerindustries.com

I WILL FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS SO YOU WILL NOT LOSE THEM.
Reply With Quote
Need a home inspection in South Dakota? Check out InterNACHI's listing of South Dakota certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
  #14  
Old 4/18/13, 9:32 AM
John Onofrey's Avatar
John Onofrey John Onofrey is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Richmond, TX
Posts: 5,516
Default Re: America dodged a bullet today :)

Lefties fund the world's largest armory everyday with their tax dollars and yet they desire to strip us of our second amendment rights. It's moronic but I guess they must consider us "soft targets" for their efforts to produce legislation that makes them feel good.

Some of them even go so far as to use their government issued credentials to tout their credibility in an effort to convince us that Utopia is achievable and if we'd just disarm and hug a criminal everything would be alright. They say this while collecting their government pensions then becoming home inspectors prepared to low ball the market.



John Onofrey Licensed Professional Inspector
Houston Home Inspection
Houston Home Inspector
www.texasinspectors.net

John Onofrey
President, Grail Media, LLC
"Effortless Email Marketing"
www.homehintsenews.com
2007 INACHI Inventions and Innovations Award Winner
Free! Inspector Email Marketing trial click here
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 4/18/13, 9:33 AM
Jeffrey R. Pope, CMI's Avatar
Jeffrey R. Pope, CMI Jeffrey R. Pope, CMI is offline
InterNACHI Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Clarita, CA
Posts: 11,775
Default Re: America dodged a bullet today :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbelrose View Post
That vote was about politics, not what was best for the people. I feel for the Newtown families, Gabby Giffords. and all those effected by gun violence. We aren't doing enough to protect our citizens. Guns are not the greatest means to do this. It takes human action to pull a trigger. Clearly, we need to work on the human factor.
Really? How much more na´ve could you possibly be?

And just WHO do expect will be "protecting" our citizens. I'll give you a hint - it will be "people" with guns - "these people" being law enforcement/government personnel. "These people" being several minutes away. And 99% of the time, "these people" will be picking up the pieces and taking statements - just like in Newtown and just like with Gifford.

No thanks. I will be proactive and prepared to stop a threat, rather than being a "good witness," or worse yet, a victim.



IF YOUR INSPECTOR IS NOT USING THERMAL IMAGING, YOU'RE NOT GETTING THE WHOLE PICTURE «
Jeff Pope
JPI Home Inspection Service
Santa Clarita CA
(661) 212-0738
Santa Clarita Home Inspection
http://www.MyInspector.net


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NACHI membership in N. America tops 9,600 today! gromicko Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors 4 1/21/07 11:31 PM
NACHI membership in N. America tops 9,500 today. gromicko Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors 11 1/9/07 12:41 PM
NACHI membership in North America tops 9,200 today. gromicko Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors 11 12/11/06 1:44 PM
NACHI membership in North America topped the 8,500 mark today! gromicko Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors 8 5/16/06 12:11 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 6:08 AM.
no new posts