ASHI members please...

know that I Kenneth Lott owner of 1Look4u Property Inspections in N.E. Ga., Nachi Member ID # 07012215, harbor no bad feelings or opinions of any ashi inspector’s, or your org and have no intentions of trying to belittle or damage any inspector’s reputation/s and/or that of your association. I extend my hand in friendship. All I ask in return is that you would grant me the same, regardless of my affiliations. Although I’m sure there are many others in nachi, who feel the same as I do, I do not feel at liberty to speak for them. Best wishes in the future, Ken

Go post at the ASHI forum and enjoy the warm greeting.

That’s funny !!!:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mic

I don’t even post there anymore. :smiley:

Never have…

But…

I am not (never have been) an ASHI Member.

That fact has not recently stopped anyone since their board was wide open, or was it because you couldn’t meet ASHI qualifications? :mrgreen:

I Recently asked a similar question of an Pennsylvania ASHI Chapter President…

With over 3500+ Inspections (personally) Completed and 5 Inspectors Supervised (Directly On-Site) per Pennsylvania Statute for over 100 Inspections, what does ASHI have to offer someone like myself??..

If you have to ask…

The Lack of Response to my question from the Individual that it was directed to was sufficient…

Can you suggest some benefit that I am not aware of Joe Burkeson?

I think I’ll direct you back to the Pennsylvania ASHI Chapter President, I got a notion you ain’t really interested in my position anyway and are just bored. :mrgreen:

OK Ken…I will be your friend.

Joe Burkeson,

You suggested otherwise.

Do you care to elaborate?

YES or NO ??

Relax Ken… ASHI and NACHI are like two relatives who
enjoy poking at each other. It’s no big deal.

I know John, I don’t expect it to end, I just hate to see anyone get hurt because of their affiliation to any org. If I’m wrong, I’ll just have to live with it. I’ve said my piece,and I won’t bring it up again.I even wish those who are attacking me, good fortune. May God bless all of you,on this very special day, Ken P.S. You have a great website John,you should be very proud.

Thanks Ken…

Good luck to you my friend.

No inspector will be hurt as a result of their affiliation with ASHI, NACHI, NAHI, CRIEA or lack there of. I’ve been in business 22 years, 20 of them with NO affiliation with an inspection organization. I’ve recieved most of my continuing education over the years through ICBO/ICC, various community colleges and or boards of realtors. I can count on one hand the number of times a client or agent have asked me what inspection organization I’m affiliated with, it just doesn’t matter to most realtors and the home buying public.

Ditto. Probably only 1 out of 20 prospective clients know of at least one home inspection organization. Plus, most of them only check the organizations because it is an easy way to find a local home inspector who pledges to uphold an SOP. I’ve never dealt with a realtor who was geniunely interested in my memberships and the two clients who found me based on my memberships did so because they had no other criteria to work with. Regardless of how they find me, I do what works- I sell my merits. Memberships are an afterthought.

BTW, why do you need to formally offer friendship to ASHI, Ken? I have no problem with someone affiliating with them, despite my strong feelings of them, I just don’t understand what you are trying to accomplish. From the tone of your message, it sounds as if you are afraid of them in some way. They may meddle in the political arena and try to manipulate the general public but they aren’t much of a threat to anyone. Heck, they pretty much ignore their outspoken critics, so they could care less about non-vocal non-members.

Ken, I’m sure they will be your friend if you pay them dues.:wink: