Any comments?

Any comments?
I recently completed a home inspection and under shutters I checked the box N as none of the shutters were marked with any verification although they would appear they would meet the requirements. The homeowner insisted that the report be change. I advised him to have an engineer come by and certify them and then I would turn in the engineers report for verification. The homeowner calls another home inspector that takes a picture of a shutter from somewhere else and says it looks the same and that will be ok. The homeowner tells me to now change my report to check box A. It is not going to happen on my part. If the home inspector that sent this picture and changed the report happens to read this please read the last two paragraphs of this comment.
The following is from the current wind mitigation form OIR-B1-1802 (Rev. 01/12) Adopted by Rule 69O-170.0155 :
**A. ****Exterior Openings Cyclic Pressure and 9-lb Large Missile (4.5 lb for skylights only) **All Glazed openings are protected at a minimum, with impact resistant coverings or products listed as wind borne debris protection devices in the product approval system of the State of Florida or Miami-Dade County and meet the requirements of one of the following for “Cyclic Pressure and Large Missile Impact”

For this report to be changed not only would all the shutters need to be stamped they would need to listed as wind borne debris protection devices in the product approval system of the State of Florida or Miami-Dade County.

From homeowner to insurance agent:
Insurance agent,
This confirms that our storm shutters meet the highest current hurricane standards. Please see that this is attached to our wind mitigation report sent to you by Jim so that the insurance company provides us with the proper premium credits. Thanks. I will email you the inspection certificate for the new garage door on Friday April 27 (new door to be installed on April 26) so that can also be added to the wind mitigation report. Are there any other premium credits available that I need to get documentation to prove?
Home owner.

Homeowner calls another Inspector which is a Florida licensed Home Inspector and an InterNACHI member and he sends this email:
This should work; I was able to find the same shutter and the stamp on it.
Thanks. Home Inspector

An individual or entity who knowingly provides or utters a false or fraudulent mitigation verification form with the intent to obtain or receive a discount on an insurance premium to which the individual or entity is not entitled commits a misdemeanor of the first degree (Section 627.711 (3), Florida Statutes). The Qualified Inspector who certifies this form is strictly liable for all acts, statements, concealment of facts, omissions, and documentation provided by his or her employee who actually performed the inspection.

An individual or entity who knowingly provides or utters a false or fraudulent mitigation verification form with the intent to obtain or receive a discount on an insurance premium to which the individual or entity is not entitled commits a misdemeanor of the first degree. (Section 627.711(3), Florida Statutes)

Sounds like this inspector is helping the homeowner commit fraud. I would just turn his butt into the State, if there is strong proof. Turning him in to NACHI would probably be a waste of time.

It’s interesting how so many guys in Florida are expecting NACHI to police their competitors instead of turning them in to the state for all of these supposed “violations” of state law. In my opinion, it is not a violation of the state law until the state says so. Until the state says a law has been broken, no law has been broken.

Trying to use the association to police your competitor based on your own interpretation of your state’s law is a waste of time, indeed. Turn your violators in to the state and when the state finds them guilty, NACHI can follow suit.

I cant agree with that statement ! Thats like saying I wasnt speeding unless I get pulled over !!
I dont think the original writer was looking for NACHI to police members, I think he was looking for opinions on whether he was being too strict. I agree this sounds like the Inspector is helping the Client commit fraud, Notify the State, and let them decide.

Yep.