Building an ActiveRain-killer

Hey guys,

We’re building a site to compete with ActiveRain. It will offer a similar social blogging network, but go much further by letting real estate agents post full-featured property listings and build their own real estate websites (with built-in links to InterNACHI members). The way we see it, there are 200,000 people over there that could be blogging with us, and promoting InterNACHI while they’re doing it.

The site’s in a very early stage of development, but we’d like to get some of our members on there, posting content and giving us feedback/feature suggestions/etc. If you’re interested, post here and I’ll get in touch. We’d also love to get a few real estate agents on there, so if you know anyone who might be a good beta tester, have them get in touch with me.

Another big part of this service is that it’s going to be invite-only, so if an agent wants in, they have to ask an InterNACHI member to invite them. This will give our members another tool to promote themselves with real estate agents.

Update:

All InterNACHI members can sign up for a RealMatcher account at:http://www.nachi.org/realmatcher-invite.htm (members-only username and password required).

Wont work.

Interested

Yes Please.

(Does Nick know you are marketing to Realtors?) :slight_smile:

I am in. It is worth a shot!

I’m a Active Rain member, but sometimes feel out of place. It would be nice to be surrounded by NACHI members and invite others to come visit and learn about Inspectors who care about their Profession. However the blog pages would have to have more discretion about petty bickering. Would be a great place to show off how NACHI does shine above the rest and get the word out to others who NACHI is.

Let’s give it a try

Keep me informed, Thanks!

Never know till you try.
Wish the project luck.

Sounds like a good idea, I would like to get in

This sounds like another good idea.
It would be great if we could get a few inspectors/members from each state, country, etc when the site launches.
Like other members, I have an ActiveRain account, but feel out of place and am not sure it has any value.
I would like to be envolved, count me in.

I think it should be “invite only” for the Inspectors as well.

You don’t need to bring on the religion, politics and sexual orientation issues of this place over there. Inspectors posts should be evaluated and determine what % of their posts have anything to do with Home Inspection…

JMHO

I’d be in if invited.

Sign me up!

I’m going to start sending out invitations in a few minutes. Go ahead and sign up, set up a blog, and test it out. Please try to post real content, though, because we’re going to be making the site public pretty soon (public to read, that is).

The invites are going to come from “RealMatcher”, PS (so don’t mark it as spam!).

Alright, I sent an invite to everyone in this thread. Let me know if you don’t get it.

Chris I just signed up and the signup page asked if I would like a title for a new blog but once in it simply did a twitter style whats up .
So whats up with that? (no title)

Bob,

It looks like you figured it out, 'cause I see you posted a blog post on talking to your client. Let me know if you still need help.

Still not sure where save is on custom blog edit but it went in