Decertified Logo on Websites

I saw this on a couple of inspector websites. Looks like they didn’t renew their membership. When you click on it, it states you are no longer certified. Thanks Nick.

seal.gif

Cool…it’s about time.

That showed up on mine a while back. Roberta at Grassfrog said they caught it and it was something InterNACHI had done on their end.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/f2/my-website-hacked-74355/

You’ll be finding that big, red consumer warning on a lot of non-members’ homepages in the future.

And yet more than a year after Nachi was notified multiple times, this guy is still using the logos, almost every article Nachi ever put out, tag lines and everything else.

No incentive to take it down. So why bother? :roll:

http://alltradeinspection.com/

Do you know how it shows up (sporadically) on current members’ websites?

Call him out in public here…Real Estate Blog Community for Professionals - ActiveRain

Stephen asks

We bother because a consumer visiting his site gets spooked by the “UNcertified” warning and looks for another inspector… and maybe finds you instead.

It doesn’t show up at all on current members’ websites of course. It shows up on non-members’ sites.

It’s going to get even worse for non-members next year.

See my post #3 above. It happened to me in August and I was current through October. Roberta Dulay at Grassfrog said it happened to several InterNACHI members that were current. Anyway, after seeing Linas’ comments at the start of this thread, I was just hoping the same issue (whatever it was) was not occurring again.

Unless they aren’t using a live link like the guy I point out. If they just use the jpg file, nothing is done.

Removing the logo from my site as I won’t take the chance.

Like printing too much fiat money, too many logos causes devaluation. I can get by just fine with one fewer.

This happened on a few sites where the member was current but the code was improperly installed. Roberta was probably using outdated code. I haven’t hear of and recent issues though–I think everyone quickly fixed the error if their code was wrong.

Thats exactly what I was thinking about. If they store the logo locally or on their web hosting company’s server as .jpg and then link it to their website then this is not going to work.

I’m just curious - how can you post anything to a private webpage?

I opened my website to make sure i was paid up. lol

the code snippet pulls the logo from the nachi site when page is rendered. they can change it whenever they want with no notice to you. That’s why won’t display it anymore

Yesterday morning I had a caller ask if I was certified. I directed them to my website to verify. I’ve yet to hear back from her which got me concerned when I read the first post of this thread. Hopefully what happened to me back in August will not happen again :roll: