How does Distinguished Inspector Society get on the left side of the message board?

When reading the rules of a 501 © 3 laws I saw the at the IRS stated that one person cannot have clear control over the organization. :o

#2 it cannot show preferential treatment of a FOR PROFIT organization. Since CMI is not tied in with NACHI in any way…then why can’t other organizations have the same treatment? Such as Distinguished Inspector Society, NACBI or like organizations?

The reason it is posted in an area where all can see, is because certain people want to see the response made and for it to be made public.

Thanks - I await your response. You do have the choice I guess to remove it…

Can I be in your club Russell?

Where did you read those “rules?”

IRS website

They are the ones who govern how it is ran, correct?

Sean, I wish it was in my hands. But it is not. The present or core members vote and you have to meet certain criteria. It’s not up to me and its not in my hands.

The cost is super expensive…it’s free. Only participation is required and some community service…thats it. I feel that giving is actually what its all about.

It is seasoned members, exchanging ideas freely without the fear of competition. Free flow of information and helping the industry and one another get better.

That looks like a punishment.:smiley: Sorry Russell. Couldn’t resist.

From what I understand, CMI is a trademarked recognition. It is not an organization. You don’t “belong” to CMI. You either are, or aren’t one, based on making application for the “title”, not membership in an organization.

The Master Inspector Certification Board, Inc. is not a trade association, and the Certified Master Inspector® is not a membership level. Certified Master Inspector® is a professional designation available to all qualifying inspectors who wish to be Board-Certified™.

Russell, it would seem like there are already a bunch of “clubs”… what is the point of starting another? NACBI (as you mention) has a focus for commercial and some members certainly have some ideas to share.

For that… what is the “Focus” of your Distinguished Inspection Club?

*I would have went with ‘Dapper’, but either way DIS is a tough *
*acronym to append to anyones name… Have you thought of *
adding an eye patch to show you mean business? :wink:

Personally I preferred “League of Extraordinary”

Exclusive club group photo below…

Russell writes:

Post a link to these two “rules” you say you are “reading.” The two you mentioned were:

Russell, please post a link to the exact IRS webpage where you are “reading these rules” you are charging us with violating.

Lmao. Google IRS 501 c 3…seek and ye shall find. Or just ask the Cohen brothers…

The organization must not be organized or operated for the benefit of private interests, and no part of a section 501©(3) organization’s net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. If the organization engages in an excess benefit transaction with a person having substantial influence over the organization, an excise tax may be imposed on the person and any organization managers agreeing to the transaction.

Do we need to keep playing…should we talk about inure?

Just remove the CMI or let everyone else in on it…pretty easy…talk the cohens…

Last sentence above is a humdinger. Huh?

Name the BUNCH of clubs you talk about? Not organizations…I don’t want to be one…

The main purpose of the society is to mastermind market with people out of your area to let information and ideas free flow…

Russell, please post a link to the exact IRS webpage where you are “reading these rules” you are charging us with violating.

Google it…I posted it directly from the IRS website,see above and then google it…

Russell writes:

Russell, please post a link to the exact IRS webpage where you are “posting these rules” you are charging us with violating.

Here is one…

Just exactly as I stated before…

http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Charitable-Organizations/Exemption-Requirements-Section-501(c)(3)-Organizations

You said that you are getting the laws you are publicly charging InterNACHI with violating “directly from the IRS website.” Please post the link to that “direct” IRS website page. Give us the URL of that IRS webpage so that we can see the exact IRS page you are directly looking at.