The Fallacy of the Obama Tax cut

This should be called the duping of the American public. ML

**Obama Talks Nonsense on Tax Cuts **](http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122455061443852529.html)
*Revenues will inevitably be diverted from Social Security.

*Now, if you have been following this so far, you have learned that people who pay no income tax will get an income tax refund. You have also learned that this check will represent relief for the payroll taxes these people do pay. And you have been assured that this rebate check won’t actually come out of payroll taxes, lest we harm Social Security.

You have to admire the audacity. With one touch of the Obama magic, what otherwise would be described as taking money from Peter to pay Paul is now transformed into Paul’s tax relief. Where a tax cut for payroll taxes paid will not in fact come from payroll taxes. And where all these plans come together under the rhetorical umbrella of “Making Work Pay.”

Doesn’t matter, Michael. Promise people money they didn’t earn and they’ll vote for you no matter the affect on chasing businesses overseas with higher taxes.

Where’s that quote I saw on here the other day:

Something about 100,000 people attending an Obama rally while questioning where McCain’s supporters were at a McCain rally. THEY WERE AT WORK!!

That’s a “no sh!tter”. That’s why the poll here is heavy towards McCain. We all work our asses off and pay a lot of taxes. Seems like people that actually work know where to find voter registration cards and don’t actually need someone to fill them out for them and can actually sign them with something other than an X.

I hope to make $250,000 one day. (just like Sam (Joe).

Funny how the rich guys are so good at making us pawns fight for them.

Sure would love to see Bush on the front lines.

Bob, I know you are convinced that you will do better With Obama and that’s fine, it’s still a free country.

Just realize that IF you do better, it will be at someone else’s expense.

IMHO we all lose. :frowning:

It will be tough mind you, but it is something I’ll just have to learn to live with. :roll:

*“Every individual…generally, indeed, neither intends to promote the public interest, nor knows how much he is promoting it. By preferring the support of domestic to that of foreign industry he intends only his own security; and by directing that industry in such a manner as its produce may be of the greatest value, he intends only his own gain, and he is in this, as in many other cases, led by an invisible hand to promote an end which was no part of his intention.” *
[RIGHT]Adam Smith -The Wealth of Nations, Book IV Chapter II [/RIGHT]

Perhaps if you were just a little smarter, or worked a little harder or where a little luckier. Under Obama, what would be the point of trying? If he wins Bob, you can give up trying. One less thing for you to worry about. I guess that’s good for you if you can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel.

How about a fair tax that doesn’t punish people for working hard, being smart or lucky?

It’s wrong for any government to say you are rich because you make 250k. What if you are trying to bust your *** to retire so you don’t have to rely on the government in your golden years. Screw that!

My 12 year old son is no more likely to be happy parting with his hard earned middle school A’s to supplement D students, than I am with my hard earned money.

Enter the information below and click “calculate now.”

http://taxcut.barackobama.com/

Find out what Obama/Biden tax cut means to you.

I don’t see any calculations for the jobs that will be lost when businesses are taxed at higher rates and the revenue that will be lost due to higher capital gains taxes.:roll:

That’s a theory not a fact. :slight_smile: Even though I realize the job matket is spiffy right now. :roll:

I just googled Obama Tax cut and I found numerous sites saying the opposite of the site originally mentioned.

O wait, I forgot…the WSJ…LMOA…nice reference…WALL STREET JOURNAL who absolutly stuck it in our ARSE and twisted it is the frame of reference for the “TRUTH”. I would rather see a reference from the JUGHEAD comics…O wait…since its in print then its the " TRUTH"!

Is 6.1% terrible?

Ask some businessmen. They will explain it to you.

You keep using that word TRUTH as if it was relevant to the discussion. Why?

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn250/paawkx/obama-taxes-1223695309942.jpg

New McCain/Palin add

Nothing to worry about gang. I’m sure everything will be alright eventually at lest I hope so. :wink:

Get the facts!

The Facts: Sen. Barack Obama and Samuel J. Wurzelbacher, a plumber, discussed taxes on small businesses during a campaign stop on October 12 outside Toledo, Ohio. **Wurzelbacher said he was about to buy a company that makes more than $250,000 a year **and was concerned that Obama would tax him more because of it.

McCain — who seized on the exchange at last week’s presidential debate in Hempstead, New York — dubbed the man “Joe the Plumber” and characterized him as a symbol of an everyman entrepreneur who would be burdened by Obama’s tax plan. Since then, Wurzelbacher’s life has been under a media microscope, and news outlets reported details including the fact that Wurzelbacher didn’t have a plumbing license.

–Obama said on MSNBC’s “Race For the White House,” that McCain is “trying to suggest that a plumber is the guy he is fighting for. How many plumbers do you know making $250,000 a year?”

–Sen. Joe Biden said on “The Tonight Show” that “I don’t know many plumbers who are making $250,000 a year and worried about it.** We’re kind of worried about Joe the fireman, Joe the policeman, Joe the real plumber with a license.”**

– Speaking on the “Today” show, Biden also said said, “I don’t have any ‘Joe the Plumbers’ in my neighborhood that make $250,000 a year and are worried.”

In an interview with CNN on October 16, Wurzelbacher clarified that the company he wants to buy makes well less than $250,000 a year — which Obama says means his taxes would not be increased.

Families making more than $250,000 could see taxes go up under Obama’s plan, according to the campaign, while those making less than that amount would not see any raise.

The Verdict: In Dispute. McCain regards these comments as political attacks on Joe Wurzelbacher, but the comments also can be interpreted as Obama campaign commentary on the McCain campaign’s rhetoric.

Christopher, I see few facts relevant to that add. do you?