It has started.

Regardless of your political views, if you believe that money has corrupted the American Political System, I ask that you please sign this petition to amend the Constitution.

Proposed Constitutional Amendment:

“No person, corporation or business entity of any type, domestic or foreign, shall be allowed to contribute money, directly or indirectly, to any candidate for Federal office or to contribute money on behalf of or opposed to any type of campaign for Federal office. Notwithstanding any other provision of law, campaign contributions to candidates for Federal office shall not constitute speech of any kind as guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution or any amendment to the U. S. Constitution. Congress shall set forth a federal holiday for the purposes of voting for candidates for Federal office.”

http://www.getmoneyout.com/

If the servers have crashed please keep trying. Also, please send the link to everyone you know.

yeah…I’m sure those servers are really putting out smoke by now.

Jeff

The site went live less than 3 hours ago with just over 6,000 signatures so far. It took me about 20 minutes to connect. I am not sure but different parts of the country might connect quicker.

The Supreme court has already ruled that free speech rights extend to corporations as well as individuals in Citizens Unitied v. Election Commission](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._Federal_Election_Commission) striking down one of the provisions of McCain/Feingold.

If requiring full disclosure of all campaign contributions was the rule the problem would go away.

don’t be duped. This is more about another “free” holiday than about who contributions go to. How many federal holidays do we need for crying out loud.

Make election day Saturday and the problem is solved without another very expensive federal holiday.

I agree the SCOTUS made a huge mistake.

The least we can do is try Mike.

This really boils down to one SCOTUS judge, Justice Kennedy. My gut tells me this will be found unconstitutional. Imagine what kind of speech Barry would give if THAT happened?

Ratigan’s effort here is a waste of time and with the inclusion of yet another Federal holiday it’s a non starter.

Corporations running adds is not the problem.

When you have aggressive politicians trashing corporations you can’t blame them for spending money to protect themselves.

It’s still a free country for now.

Corporations running the World is the problem.

And what about our political leaders :roll:

Our Political leaders are the ones who have sold us out.

This is no secret nor has it been for years.

Get Money Out: We the People, not the Politicians
September 23, 2011

Then I am forced to assume that people like you (or at least your neighbors)keep re-electing them.

Think about it. this “amendment” will go absolutely nowhere because the very people you want hurt are the ones that will have to enact it.

Take care of your crap politicians first.

But if you want to spin yours wheels, go for it.:shock: