Imagine waking up to this.

Glitch leaves man 100 billion pounds overdrawn
Tue Dec 30, 6:32 PM

LONDON (AFP) - A man was left reeling in shock Tuesday when his bank statement showed him to be 100 billion pounds (144 billion dollars, 102 billion euros) overdrawn.

As if the credit crunch was not hitting Britons hard enough, Donald Moffat was temporarily in deep, deep, deep financial trouble – due to a “technical error”.

The 38-year-old, from Irvine on Scotland’s east coast, said his wife noticed the somewhat “major discrepancy of two 50-billion-pound debits” after he logged on to his account online.

“When I saw it… I’ve been shaking, I’ve been feeling sick – everything,” the stunned student and part-time care worker told the BBC.

"We knew we still had quite a bit left in the account as we checked last night before we went out.

“This morning I went out to get a few things then, when I came back, my account was overdrawn by that amount.”

Barclays bank said in a statement: "A technical error caused some customer accounts to be incorrectly debited.

"The problem was immediately identified and corrected within less than an hour, and all affected customer accounts are now showing correct balances.

“No customers will be financially impacted by this error. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused our customers.”
:shock::shock:

appears macy’s has been double dippin’

one day this year my daughter’s bank debit card was billed for every transaction that took place for her branch over about a 3 hour period…amounted to over $40,000.00 USD she called me and asked what she should do…in my fatherly wisdom i calmly told her to cut it up and throw it away…she got it and started laughing

lol

Wish I was as wise with my first wife.