Nachi Cookbook

A recipe for disaster…

Just kidding.

Seriously though, I was thinking we should put together a NACHI Inspector Favorite Recipe Cookbook. What do you think?

If you want to contribute, please email me with your recipes to:

inspector_wendy@yahoo.com

The cookbook will be made up into a PDF file and provided free of charge to NACHI members. Anyone can print as many as they’d like, or give the PDF to clients, realtors, etc. Non-members who want it will be able to purchase it from me for $10.

Hopefully we’ll get enough recipes in that it won’t take too long to get it put together.

COFFEE

Fresh ground coffee beans.
Put into coffer maker.
Pour cup.
Drink.
ahhhh.

And if you grind the beans first it really is great KAWPHY.

Yes… grind your own beans makes a really fresh cup of JAVA.

Personally, I prefer to add water as well…makes the coffee much more drinkable!:smiley:

Neat idea, Wendy. If I get a minute, I’ll shoot you a few…

Is this your way of tricking me out of my world famous lasagna recipe?

Wendy,
I heard that there was a “new” restaurant in the state of New York. Here is what NOT to serve! :wink:

**Latest news from the Diarrhea Palace! :shock: **

**I heard that a “certain someone” had purchased a large shipment of canned dog food! Hmmmm, I wonder what is on the menu! **

**Then I hear that all of the stray dogs are disappearing off the streets! Hmmmmm, I wonder what kind of barbecue dish is being served? **

**I guess the main dish would be a “Poop-Poop platter for two,” followed up with a serving of “Hershey squirts” for dessert! :vomit: **

PS:
All joking aside I think this is a good idea And I wish you luck!:smiley:

Grilled Jalapeno Poppers

Cut Jalapenos in half length wise and remove seeds
Pack crumbled blue cheese into peppers
place on hot grill/BBQ
remove when peppers are brown and cheese is melted
Eat
Wash down with Beer
Eat more

Repeat as necessary:D
</IMG>

2 slices white bread

Insert bread into automatic toaster. Remove when it pops up.

Garnish with butter…

…or margarine…

and/or jam…or jelly…or peanut butter…

dunk in John McK’s kawphey…

Here’s a recipe for you:Chris Morrell’s Chicken & Broccoli Pasta Alfredo

** Fresh Parmesan-Oregano Pasta**

• 1 cup Semolina Flour
  • 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 3 large eggs
  • 2 Tbsp Oregano
    Mix flours, cheese and oregano together (you can also add garlic power, paprika and other herbs as you see fit) in a bowl and then create a small cavity in the center. Break eggs into cavity and whisk with a fork. Continue to whisk as you slowly combine the eggs and flour until a dough forms. Knead dough for several minutes and then begin to roll through a pasta machine. Depending on consistency add more flour or water after a few passes through the machine until the dough is smooth and dry (it shouldn’t be sticky). Once dough has the right consistency, begin decreasing the pasta machine’s thickness setting until you arrive to your preferred pasta thickness. Cut and boil for a few minutes until al dente (because dough is fresh it should only take a minute or two).

Alfredo Sauce

• 1 pint Heavy Cream
  • 1 stick (8 tbsp) Butter
  • 1 tbsp Cream Cheese
  • 3/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (shredded or grated)
  • 1 tsp Garlic Powder
    Combine butter, cream and cream cheese in a sauce pan over a medium heat until melted and mixed well. Add the parmesan cheese and garlic (and salt and pepper, if you wish) and turn heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring often. Take your time with the sauce and it’ll be worth it.

Pan-Fried Chicken & Steamed Broccoli

The chicken and broccoli, though important, take the back-seat to the cheese in this dish. Simply remove the fat from three chicken breasts, cut into bit-sized pieces and pan-fry over a medium-high heat in a few turns of olive oil. You can optionally season the chicken with some paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, etc before frying, but keep the spices to a minimum. Cooking will take about 10-14 minutes.

Cut two heads of broccoli into bite-sized pieces (removing the stems first). Steam until they reach your softness preference. Cooking will take anywhere from 5-10 minutes.

Final Steps

Mix pasta, chicken and broccoli together and plate. Pour sauce over each dish liberally. Eat!Now, I just kind-of guestimated everything, so I don’t know if it’s exactly right (I don’t typically use strict measurements when I cook). But whatever it is, it’ll probably be good!

Easy appetizer:

Easy appetizer:

Bruschetta

• 2 tomatoes, cubed
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • salt/pepper to taste
    *]loaf of ciabatta bread, sliced
    In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes, dried basil, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, salt & pepper. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight. To serve, slice ciabatta bread and spread mixture on each slice. Can be served warm or cold.

I inserted the bread and have been waiting for four hours for it to pop up. I thought you said it was automatic…

**Several recipes for crow… ** All crow, like revenge, is a dish best served cold. While some prefer their crow stewed among spicy vegetables to hide the bitter flavour and reduce the inevitable toughness; I prefer tandori curried crow with a bitter red whine sauce. For those masochists, who desire a sweet crow with a hint of spice, I recommend General Tso’s Crow or twice-baked crow with cranberry glaze.

For one who must eat their crow on the go, crow chili with cumin and chipotle packed into a burrito shell is a mobile treat. For those who must eat crow in the Aristolean style, a young crow gyro with baclava adds a touch of elegance to the crow dining experience. Remember: At brunch a light crow is desired, so tenderize your crow and carefully remove the flesh from the fine bones before attempting any recipe.

And my favorite, which I recommend to all my argument opponents is my own invention: “Crow loaf in puff pastry”. Mix ground crow with chopped scallions, bread crumbs, and and an egg. Bake for 30 minutes. Wrap in cold puff pastry. Bake again for 15 minutes. Serve with red wine and shallot sauce. Yummmy!

As you can see, I’ve served a lot of crow over my lifespan on the NACHI message board and had to occasionally eat it myself. :smiley:

Awesome guys!!! Thanks!

But you’re gonna have to start emailing me the recipes, otherwise anyone can git their dirty little paws on them. :mrgreen:

Keep em coming! I’m very excited about this!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow! With recipes like this, we’ll have to go top secret!

I’m going to post in the member’s only and you all can start posting there k?

Yum!

Masterful post, JB!

Russ,

Go to the member’s only and post your fave recipes there. You’ve been everywhere, I know you have some goodies!