Joe Farsetta....My Hero

I’ve always known Joe to be dependable, hard working, and ready to support any project that would benefit NACHI and its membership and what is happening as I write this is really not that much of a surprise to me…but it goes a long way to confirm and to highlight the commitment and dedication of NACHI’s finest leader.

Tomorrow, at 8:00 a.m., Joe will begin teaching his Commercial Inspection course to members and guests of the Missouri NACHI Chapter.

Although the course has been scheduled for months, and Joe’s flight has been scheduled for weeks…tonight, his flight out of New Jersey was cancelled. It being late and on a Friday, there were no more open flights for him to take to St. Louis.

But…Joe being Joe Farsetta…there will be an 8:00 a.m. start to his class. Why? Because he got himself a flight to Chicago where, at 1:00 a.m. he will be catching a bus that will carry him to a St. Louis bus station at 6:00 a.m…in time to make it to his room for a quick shower and to teach his class.

He’s a hell of a guy and I am proud to know him and call him my friend.

Thanks, Joe.

Oh…and if you are reading this on your laptop as you sit between two Sumo Wrestlers with sleep apnea, Joe…be sure you stay on the bus as it makes its many stops along the way. I don’t want to lose you in farm country and miss the amazing story of your trip that is certain to thrill the crowd, tomorrow.:wink:

If anyone was worth a flip they would take a couple of relief drivers to take their sorry a$$es up to Chicago and pick the man up and drive him back so he didn’t have to ride a freaking bus.:mrgreen:

Ditto

one like this???

ani-sbus.gif

Flight to Chicago was delayed. Arrived at O’Hare at 1:15am. No more busses. Flight from Newark was delayed while I was on the tarmack, so no return to the gate, and more importantly, no return ticket from Chicago.

I was in trouble.

Got to Chicago. Called Greyhound. No more busses that evening. Called rental car companies. Hertz rented me a one-way to St. Louis for $175.oo Only option. Got to rental counter and systems went down. Waited another 45 minutes for car. Time now: 2:45 am.

Got in car and started driving. 5 hours ETA to St. Louis. Another 30 minutes past to St. Peter.

Pulled into handy mart at 4:45am for a coffee. Fell asleep and woke up with car still on, in the parking space at 5:20 am. Got coffee, and high-tailed it back onto highway.

7:45am. Pulled off road into gas station. Changed clothes in restroom. Needed shave. No hot water. No soap. Shaved anyway. What a mess.

Got to class. Finished class. Went to airport. Had return reservation, but ticket problem. Had to re-purchase ticket or would be stuck in St. Louis. Go through security. Randomly picked for search of bags.

Boarded plane. Flew to Charlotte, NC. Boarded 2nd plane to Newark.

Got home at 2:00 am

Joe,

That deserves lots a green. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Come on guys. Add to Joes rep.

You got picked for bag search cause you were a bleary eyed, unshaven, disheveled passenger and you probably looked “annoyed” or “angry”. One sneer and you would have been strip searched too. Glad to hear you made it back okay.

I think I saw that movie once. :stuck_out_tongue:

Joe,

Thanks for setting such a incredible example.

My version of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

The only thing missing was the rental car bursting into flames.

The class was great. The trip sucked.

Nick wanted me to try my best to not cancel the class.

I listened

Your example of that MOVIE is a perfect illustration.
We can all laugh about it after we go through these kinds
of strange delays and disasters… but they are not very
funny at about 4am when you can’t keep your eyes open
and still can’t see how your going to finish the trip…

Thank gawd for coffee :shock:

A big thanks to Joe for everything he did to get to St. Louis. It was a great class.

**Joe, YOU ARE THE MAN! :smiley: **
I can’t wait to see you in New Hampshire!

***YOU *pick the day & the time and we will make it happen! **