Momma Don't Allow No...

Think of all the great country songs that will come about due to the economic crash!

==========================================

Pelosi Gives Thumbs Down to Bailout Proposal

Sunday, September 21st, 2008

http://markhalperin.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/np.jpg?w=360&h=235

Getty

In a statement Sunday, the House Speaker says the Bush administration’s proposed financial package “does not include the necessary safeguards.”

“Democrats believe a responsible solution should include independent oversight, protections for homeowners and constraints on excessive executive compensation.”

“We will not simply hand over a $700 billion blank check to Wall Street and hope for a better outcome.”

Read full statement.](http://thepage.time.com/pelosi-statement-on-legislation-to-address-crisis-in-financial-markets/)

It’s going to be an ugly and expensive week or two ahead of us.

They all want to go home to campaign so the pressure is on.

Here is part of a letter being circulated on the web being sent to your your Representatives in congress.

=================================================

Enabling Act of 2008

Dear Member of Congress:

You are being asked to assign unprecedented powers to an unelected, and unaccountable former Wall Street banker, under the guise of bringing stability to the markets and solvency to our banking system. With one hastily thrown together vote, you are going to create the most powerful human being in world history – Henry Paulson.

This is being done for the purposes of fixing a “crisis” that has suddenly, in the last hour, been presented to Congressional leaders. This act would remove the constitutionally mandated powers of regulation of the money supply, and the value thereof, from Congress and give it to an unelected member of the President’s cabinet. According to the act, this person would be above judicial review, and be allowed a $700,000,000,000 revolving line of credit to print money on behalf of the United States government. That is more power than anyone has ever had – anyone. Caesar did not have this power.

This should sound eerily familiar.

In March of 1933, after the “crisis” of the Reichstag Fire, newly named Chancellor of Germany, Adolf Hitler, petitioned the German Reichstag to give him plenary powers over the affairs of German government. The Reichstag transferred its power, on an emergency basis, to the Cabinet of Germany for a period of four years, and this was called “The Enabling Act”. This was to deal with the perceived “crisis” of Communists within the German government, when the “crisis” was never fully substantiated. It is believed by most historians that the Reichstag Fire was a deliberate act to coax the Reichstag into giving up its power.

That history did not end well.

You are being goaded into giving Henry Paulson plenary powers over the economy and government spending, money supply, and value of that money. Those powers belong to you, held in trust for the citizens of the United States. Our Founders gave you those powers **TO PREVENT THE VERY SCENARIO THAT SECRETARY PAULSON HAS PRESENTED TO YOU. **

You are being manipulated.

Excerpt: The Market Ticker Error: Invalid URI requested

I love the bailout…let see…Richard Syron CEO of Freddie Mac only got a 5 year deal of 62.91 Million. Lets see thats 365 days a year X 5 = 1825 days. Now lets divine that by the pay thats only $34, 471 and some change per day…

AIG CEO Richard S. Fuld Jr. gets 11 mil a year thats only $30,136 dollars A DAY!

Richard S Fuld old chairman of Lehman Brothers 5 year compensation - 354.03 Million 1825 days = 193,989 PER FREAKIN DAY!

Stan O’Neal CEO Merrill Lynch - got a 115,000,000 severance package.

Franklin Raines of Fannie Mae got busted for giving himself and 2 others 100 of millions in bonus’s…but they got fined 26.7 million…and had to give up his 115 million severance package…OOOOOOOOO Poor guy. Who the hell would take 100,000,000 if they get fined 25,000,000.

These are the people we are bailing out. I bet they are feeling the cruntches at the gas pumps. Reread their pay…this is what our goverment is bailing out…our present and future tax dollars are used to bail out companies that have failed. This is SUCH BS…

Its much worse than that, the bailout is just a ruse to take over everything without firing a shot, you have to know someone much higher and smarter than Bush is behind all this. The threat of an Obama presidency coupled with the weakness of McCain’s campaign forced their hand preemptively.

Smarter than Bush? Is there such a person alive? Pretty smart guy, took a thriving country, thew it in the toilet and conducted a personal war and lead a country in financial ruins…Nothing happens to him…well except he would be super RICH if he had intrest in Oil and only if Chaney had a financial stake in Halliburton…O wait a minute! Silly me…

Joe, I seem to have misplaced a black helicopter.

Have you seen it?

Try here. :mrgreen:

But if your really brave, read this… LEGISLATIVE PROPOSAL FOR TREASURY AUTHORITY TO PURCHASE MORTGAGE-RELATED ASSETS

Look!! I really pissed off one of the low-life scumbags who hang out here and take up space.

Hey dickless call me next your wife neesd servicing, it is obvious you ain’t got the balls to get the job done! :mrgreen:

Joe.

Can’t you ever make a reference without bringing in NAZIs, Germany or the Reichstad?

Seems like you are kinda obsessed with this jink, don’t it?

Just what we have come to expect from “good ol’ tail gunner Joe”.

If the coming week’s theme song is “Come Together,” the B-side will be “Won’t Get Fooled Again.”

Might not be country, but. :mrgreen:

“They can’t get away with what they did in 2001,” Leahy said. “This will be ‘trust but verify.’ The biggest mistake they can make is holding a press conference while we’re negotiating to say there’s going to be a worldwide depression if Congress doesn’t do exactly what we want them to.”

The legislative hangover from 2001 isn’t going to derail — or even seriously stall — the $700 billion bailout. The consequences of inaction are too grave. But it has emboldened Democrats to seriously question Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson](http://search.politico.com/results.cfm?subject=Henry+M.+Paulson)’s two-and-half page demand for the reins of the American economy,** even as Paulson worked the Sunday shows to warn of economic Armageddon **if a “clean” version of his bill isn’t passed soon.

I say let it fail…lets go through a depression…lets all sit in soup lines and beotch and moan…this way we have something to tell our grandchildren…

It’s starting to happen.:frowning:

From Seattle to Athens, Ga., homeless advocacy groups and city agencies are reporting the most visible rise in homeless encampments in a generation.

Nearly 61 percent of local and state homeless coalitions say they’ve experienced a rise in homelessness since the foreclosure crisis began in 2007, according to a report by the National Coalition for the Homeless.

The group says the problem has worsened since the report’s release in April, with foreclosures mounting, gas and food prices rising and the job market tightening.

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photo/_new/080918-tent-cities-hmed1p.hmedium.jpg
Homeless encampments are springing up around the country, including this one next to the homeless shelter in downtown Reno, Nev.

Read the entire story here: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26776283

Awesome to live in the wealthies most powerful country in the world and see your fellow man having to live like a dog. There will be many more before its over. Yet, people like to thinks are working out just fine. Just tighten the belt a bit. I live in one if the wealthies parts of the country…Sanibel Florida. A decent condo here is a 1,000,000 dollars…like I said…CONDO. People are buying these and many higher priced houses like they are going out of style. People who think $100-$150k a year is WEALTHY is sadly mistaken…I would think that would be lower middle class. So when people ttalk of taxing the rich and you make 80K and think ITS YOU…ITS NOT YOU…I did 16 inspections last week and three of them were for BILLIONAIRES…well 2 billionaires 1 bought two properties…The rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer…look at what caused the failure of Rome…this EXACT situation caused one of the greatest civilations to fail…If we ignore the past we are destined to repeat it…

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5vkPiCEjjdg/SNUHRw1YB8I/AAAAAAAABIY/pD2BDOdRknc/s400/35.gif

Q: Whats the difference between a Wall Street banker and a pigeon?
A: A pigeon can still make a small deposit on a new Lexus.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/sm/custom/aporocgo.jpeg

:mrgreen:

Ever notice how the “homeless” ranks go up when the State mental hospitals and alchoholic drunk tanks are emptied?

Ever notice how all the liberal programs to “solve” the homeless problem during the Clinton administration only raised the number of homeless.

I am not saying that there are not good, hardworking people who, for a short time, fail and are “homeless” for a while until they get back on their feet. I am saying that there is a fairly permenent group of people who used to reside in the state hospitals that are now on the street because laws passed in the late 70s and early 80s stated that people could not be held for their own good or committed by family members.

In any case, the problem is way overstated.

Ever notice how someone WITH a home says the Homeless problem is overstated. Ever hear a poor person say “Money’s not everything”…Nope. God has blessed me throughout my life and I have never been homeless. But BLAMING 20 & 30 year old programs and this and that CURES nothing.

Instead of pointing the finger…lets find out something we can do. Would it not be an awesome thing for NACHI to get something together NATIONWIDE to help those less fortunate? Kinda like the Harry Chapin food bank…coats for winter…SOMETHING. We all sit here and beotch about McCain or Obama…and yet that is all we do. I am willing to donate time,/money/clothes…whatever it takes. Why not do it as an ORGANIZATION so we can get OUR NAME out there and show people that when the going gets tough…we can help…

Maybe I am just a dreamer…let me know