Narratives for inspection beyond the SOP scope

I’ve been asked to make a detailed list of all of the things that an inspector observes and reports that are outside the scope of a home inspection, in addition to mold or fungus.

Use this advice as an example:“If you happen to actually see an organic substance that is consistent with mold or fungus, report it as an organic substance that is consistent with mold or fungus, remark as to how this is outside of the scope of a home inspection and recommend evaluation by someone trained in this area for further evaluation.”
Please limit your list to 3 items (give others a chance to contribute).

How about asbestos?
Narrative for inspecting beyond the SOP (asbestos):“I happened to actually see a fibrous substance that is consistent with asbestos material, it is a fibrous material that is consistent with asbestos, this is outside the scope of a home inspection, and I recommend evaluation by someone trained in this area for further evaluation.”

You’re catching on.

You don’t call it “asbestos” until it has been tested, but you alert the client of your observation of the possibility and advise additional testing/evaluation.

“Possbile asbestos containing material.”