Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > General Inspection Topics > Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors

Notices

Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors Discuss whatever you wish in this forum.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 3/18/13, 6:24 PM
InterNACHI Admin

Default Nathan & Dominic: Does HON reveal or sell our client's information to alarm salesmen?

In other words, if I'm a member who signs up for this HON thing under the belief that I'm helping my clients... will salesmen try to sell my clients stuff like alarm systems, etc?

I'm not anti alarm system or anything, I just want to know what is being done with my client's contact info.

Nick Gromicko, Certified Master Inspector
President, Contractors Association
Author, How to Run a Successful Home Inspection Business
Founder, InterNACHI
Owner,Nick Gromicko General Contractor

"Just as iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another."- Proverbs 27:17
Planet InterNACHI.... resistance is futile.
Need a home inspection in Alabama? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Alabama certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 3/18/13, 6:34 PM
InterNACHI Member

Send a message via ICQ to jkeilson
Default Re: Nathan & Dominic: Does HON reveal or sell our client's information to alarm sales

Great question Nick, I was under the impression that Nathan has Nothing at all to do with HON ? is that true or an I misinformed?

Jim

"We Respect Our Clients Right To Privacy"

Jim Keilson Certified Master Inspector

MarylandHomeInspectionServices.com

www.MarylandRadonTesting.org

State of Maryland License# 31141
Virginia Certification#3380 000468
InterNACHI ID: NACHI10101807
(IAC2). Certification # IAC2-02-0919
Maryland Home Inspectors In Gaithersburg, Rockville, Germantown, Bethesda, Potomac, Also All of Northern Virginia and Washington, D.C.
Old 3/18/13, 6:38 PM
InterNACHI Member

Default Re: Nathan & Dominic: Does HON reveal or sell our client's information to alarm sales

Nathan and Dom both stated here that Nathan is not involved in HON. As far as I'm concerned, it should stay that way. I would hate to see HIP get negatively impacted by any other arrangement.
Old 3/18/13, 6:40 PM
InterNACHI Admin

My question is about my client's information. I want to know who is given access to it. I think this is a reasonable question to ask.

Founder, InterNACHI

Old 3/18/13, 6:57 PM
InterNACHI Vendor

Send a message via ICQ to dmaricic Send a message via AIM to dmaricic Send a message via MSN to dmaricic Send a message via Yahoo to dmaricic

Nathan has absolutely nothing to do with HON. HON is owned by me, Casey & O'Malley and the former owner of Professional Equipment (Scott Forde and Pat Norton).

HON is not giving out anyone's email addresses or phone numbers to be spammed or called. The client MUST opt into receiving the monthly maintenance newsletters and can opt-out at any time.

Companies like Lowes, ClosestWorld.com , etc give us a great deal to associate with an article and post with the article.

On top of that clients get to use the app to ask questions and take pictures about their home and get it answered asap, by professionals (mostly retired/injured inspectors is who we will be hiring).

2008 InterNACHI Member and Innovator of the Year
HOME INSPECTOR PRO HOME INSPECTION SOFTWARE

InterNACHI Members SAVE $150

Easy to use, customizable Home Inspector Software that runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad!

You can now import HomeGauge, 3D & InspectVue Narratives.

InterNACHI members receive 3 months of FREE home inspector website hosting

Insert Video, Interactive Glossary and Sketches Into your Report!!

Old 3/18/13, 7:02 PM
InterNACHI Admin

Quote:
Nathan has absolutely nothing to do with HON. HON is owned by me, Casey & O'Malley and the former owner of Professional Equipment (Scott Forde and Pat Norton).

HON is not giving out anyone's email addresses or phone numbers to be spammed or called. The client MUST opt into receiving the monthly maintenance newsletters and can opt-out at any time.
Forgive me Dom, I just want to nail this down once and for all. You say my client MUST opt into receiving the monthly maintenance newsletters. What are they agreeing to when they "opt in?" Who gets my client's data?

Founder, InterNACHI

Old 3/18/13, 7:09 PM
InterNACHI Vendor

Send a message via ICQ to dmaricic Send a message via AIM to dmaricic Send a message via MSN to dmaricic Send a message via Yahoo to dmaricic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
Forgive me Dom, I just want to nail this down once and for all. You say my client MUST opt into receiving the monthly maintenance newsletters. What are they agreeing to when they "opt in?" Who gets my client's data?
Yes. They're agreeing to receive the monthly newsletters. We've been EXTREMELY cautious about spamming. If we're seen as spammers then the whole system falls apart so that doesn't work! It's technically a double opt in as the inspectors are explaining the app and newsletters on site and the inspectors have the option of not submitting the information if the client doesn't want it as well.

Easy to use, customizable Home Inspector Software that runs on Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone & iPad!

Old 3/18/13, 7:12 PM
InterNACHI Admin

Dom writes:
Quote:
They're agreeing to receive the monthly newsletters. We've been EXTREMELY cautious about spamming. If we're seen as spammers then the whole system falls apart so that doesn't work! It's technically a double opt in as the inspectors are explaining the app and newsletters on site and the inspectors have the option of not submitting the information if the client doesn't want it as well.
But who gets my client's data?

Founder, InterNACHI

Last edited by gromicko; 3/18/13 at 7:24 PM..
Old 3/18/13, 7:28 PM
InterNACHI Member

Let's drill down a little further.

What type of information is collected and where is it stored? Does it include names, addresses, e-mails, dates of inspections, etc?

Will this information, or portions of it, ever be made available to outsiders (including vendors) for free, trade, or a fee?

Where does the homeowner newsletter come from? Is it affilliated in any way with that of Nathan Thornberry or any of his companies.

Spam is not the same as a client opting in to something. When the client opts in, are they subject to being contacted by other vendors, including alarm companies?
Old 3/18/13, 7:58 PM
InterNACHI Admin

Dom assures me again:
Quote:
Nathan has absolutely nothing to do with HON.
So then, who gets my client's data?

Founder, InterNACHI

Old 3/18/13, 8:00 PM
InterNACHI Member

There HAS to be a reason that Nick is asking these questions.

Where is there no answer?
Old 3/18/13, 8:00 PM
InterNACHI Member

Anybody there?
Old 3/18/13, 8:08 PM
InterNACHI Vendor

From Kevin (as I wanted to make sure I got my facts right!)

Nick,

Just as you negotiate the best deals you can for your members so will we for our Home Owners Network members.

Just as you have offers from your approved vendors on your website so will we have offers to our members on our website.

Your latest email newsletter had 67 offers in it. Ours will have fewer offers each time but will still have some.

Any offer made on our newsletters or website will require the client to click through and request it.

No client will get spammed, called or harassed.

We will not "sell" any members or client's information. We collect all basic information to better provide support and make available benefits. If
a member opts to take advantage of a "pods" member discount they will not be contacted by another vendor. It is not our intention to "spam" anyone and members can unsubscribe at any time.

We are not selling information.

I just signed up for the "Inspector 360" program on your site and got 5 emails in 5 minutes. We are not doing that.

Kevin

Need a home inspection in Alabama? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Alabama certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 3/18/13, 8:09 PM
InterNACHI Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bboerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gromicko View Post
Dom assures me again: So then, who gets my client's data?
Nick he told you. They don't release client data to anyone. They simply collect money from advertisments. That's how I'm reading it anyways.

STL Home Inspection Services LLC
Residential / Radon / Sewer / Thermal / Termite

Bill Boerner
Multi Inspector Firm
(314) 805-2137
office@stlhomeinspector.com
Stlhomeinspector.com
Serving: St. Louis and Surrounding
Old 3/18/13, 8:11 PM
InterNACHI Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bboerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaricic View Post
From Kevin (as I wanted to make sure I got my facts right!)

Nick,

Just as you negotiate the best deals you can for your members so will we for our Home Owners Network members.

Just as you have offers from your approved vendors on your website so will we have offers to our members on our website.

Your latest email newsletter had 67 offers in it. Ours will have fewer offers each time but will still have some.

Any offer made on our newsletters or website will require the client to click through and request it.

No client will get spammed, called or harassed.

We will not "sell" any members or client's information. We collect all basic information to better provide support and make available benefits. If
a member opts to take advantage of a "pods" member discount they will not be contacted by another vendor. It is not our intention to "spam" anyone and members can unsubscribe at any time.

We are not selling information.

I just signed up for the "Inspector 360" program on your site and got 5 emails in 5 minutes. We are not doing that.

Kevin
What is the inspector 360 program?

STL Home Inspection Services LLC
Residential / Radon / Sewer / Thermal / Termite

Bill Boerner
Multi Inspector Firm
(314) 805-2137
office@stlhomeinspector.com
Stlhomeinspector.com
Serving: St. Louis and Surrounding
Closed Thread