New Location!

Greetings fellow InterNACHI members! Awhile back I was presented a business opportunity for the Home Inspection Insurance Program I had created at my former employer. I made the move 8/1/12 and am pleased to announce I continue to offer coverage from the same markets I had before, as well as some soon to be announced markets for additional states. I look forward to continue to work with the InterNACHI community, Nick & Lisa as well as the additional InterNACHI staff have been great in supporting me with the new move. Remember, ANY Home Inspector can contact me ANY time about ANY insurance questions whether you are a client or not.

I get the question all the time from people who call; “do you carry insurance”?

I reply what kind? Auto, home, life, medical…?

I’m sure you don’t cover Canadians. it seems nobody does.

People would be concerned as to whether or not you carry “General Liability” (for Property Damage or Bodily Injury) or “Errors and Omissions” in case you fail to disclose a negative condition from a visual inspection.

Feel fee to call / email anytime, I would be happy to answer any of your questions.

Curtis, sorry I don not have the capability of insuring in Canada. A Canadian Insurance License is required and not being domiciled there, I cannot obtain one. Have you tried your local agent for a recommendation?

I currently do carry insurance with my local agent but he has proven himself incompetent on numerous occasions. I know there is another company that just broke into the Canadian market but when I contacted him he told me that it was only for BC and Ontario. I guess Manitoba doesn’t have enough Home Inspectors for them to prioritize us. I will keep waiting patiently for someone else to open up the doors in this market.

I went through a similar process 7+ years ago when I developed the program at my former employer. A lot of insurance companies and agents don’t understand your profession. I hope your patience pays off for you.