P-Test IDEA

Pass the test to get a check

**Like a lot of folks in this nation, I have a job. **
**I work, they pay me. **
**I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. **
**What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don’t have to pass a urine test. **
**Shouldn’t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? **
**Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. **
**I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their A$$, doing drugs, while I work. . . . **
**Can you imagine how much money the gov. would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check? **

Something has to change in this country – and soon!

very good point Barry !!!

Duuuuude. lighten up man. I mean light it up, man. I have to sit on the couch…my ankle bracelet won’t even let me walk to the mailbox. :margarit:

Who do you work for Barry?

Barry, that’s way to practical and rational. The ACLU, NAACP, La Raza, New York Times, LA Times, and 75% of the television and radio media would shoot you down before you finished your statement.

Remember, the working middle class is the minority not the majority. There are more people benefiting from government programs and employment than the rest of us paying into it.

We’re screwed, we’re going to have to deal with it.

A couple years ago, I thought when I retire, I’d move to Mexico, live on the cheap and collect my social security. Now, I’d probably be killed in Mexico, Social Security won’t be around when I retire anyway and with the increase in taxes across the board coming in a few months, it’s going to be very difficult to save money in the short term.

My suggestion? Like Obama says, “Learn to speak Spanish”…

Barry,

If that were the case, then the welfare system wouldn’t exist and our taxes wouldn’t be an issue. Everyone knows that most of those damn losers who sit in that long welfare line are there because they have a drug or alcohol habit to support.

It’s been like that for years, and there’s nothing an average citizen (like you and I) can do about it. We have no choice but to live with this corruption and shake our heads when we drive by these addicts on the streets with those DD cups in their hands and carrying those beat-up signs asking for food and with the words “GOD BLESS”. God Bless what, their addiction.

http://www.unl.edu/scarlet/images/2007/20070419sign.jpg

David, you can tell by how clean he and his clothes are, that he is not homeless.

I know…I see it daily. A lot of these losers are taking advantage of our government and there’s nothing we can do about it.

http://i.pbase.com/g3/07/675407/2/66443987.OAj6FTcr.jpg

David;

Don’t forget those who are mentally ill and can no longer be, involentarily, committed. The ACLU emptied out the mental hospitals 20 years go.

It would appear that sometimes there is no solutions to the existing problems, obviously enacting new laws has no effect. The question is what’s cheaper welfare or prison?

U.S. prison population dwarfs that of other nations

The United States has less than 5 percent of the world’s population. But it has almost a quarter of the world’s prisoners.

Indeed, the United States leads the world in producing prisoners, a reflection of a relatively recent and now entirely distinctive American approach to crime and punishment. Americans are locked up for crimes — from writing bad checks to using drugs — that would rarely produce prison sentences in other countries. And in particular they are kept incarcerated far longer than prisoners in other nations.

Criminologists and legal scholars in other industrialized nations say they are mystified and appalled by the number and length of American prison sentences.

The United States has, for instance, 2.3 million criminals behind bars, more than any other nation, according to data maintained by the International Center for Prison Studies at King’s College London.

China, which is four times more populous than the United States, is a distant second, with 1.6 million people in prison. (That number excludes hundreds of thousands of people held in administrative detention, most of them in China’s extrajudicial system of re-education through labor, which often singles out political activists who have not committed crimes.)

Read it all: http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/04/23/america/23prison.php

Now Joe, you know that is a worthless statistic. Mexico has an extremely small portion of their population incarcerated, would you want to live there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Mexico

http://www.nationmaster.com/country/mx-mexico/cri-crime

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070413/wfive_murderinmexico_070414/20070414?hub=WFive

With 12-20 million undocumented aliens currently in the US and rising on a daily basis. We are literally witnessing the importation of a third world nation’s lawless culture into the US at an unprecedented level. How can our prison system not continue to grow? If any of you have traveled the world, you know in third world nations the “rule of law” is non-existant. Are you ready for that here in America? You better be!

Since when did all tax payers get drug test??

Next they will want my DNA

Rlb

I think the point was… If the government is going to give you free food, housing, transportation, medical care or maybe education, you ought not be abusing drugs on a daily basis.

BTW, what jobs have you been involved with that don’t allow the employees to be randomly drug tested? Must be unions, most of corporate america makes that part of your employment agreement.

OK

Lets put all tobaco products - beer - wine - whiskie - etc. on the list

How about testing to see if a woman is with child again or not on the pill?? (Two kids and you get your tubes cut - father two and you get your nuts cut)

How about all bad foods like ice cream??

Lets not forget about all schools kids, churches members, ministers and staff - your non working wife that you give money to - your doctor that works for his self - and what about all government elected people from the local level up

Lets not forget government insured loans for a home

Don’t forget about brain buckets for motor cycles and seat belts

OR

Why not just stop spending the money and leave it in my bank account and let me give it to who needs it like my mom who is on social security (that would go away - she drinks) and let me teach my own kids even though I lack the education

Govenment is giving away too much anyway

In short drug testing to get government money is very over the line

People have the right to hurt them selves

rlb

Drug testing should only be required if a person can not do the job that they are being payed for

rlb

I changed the word to tell the real story.

Took care of the problem. Still stuck on the couch but the checks are now on auto deposit. But…but…the fridge is still so far away. How can I get my beer…just how…hmmmm. Maybe this will help.

I sure hope he takes food stamps. :mrgreen:

The question seems to be about how many jobs have I had that required drug testing — Answer some yes and some no - mostly no

question 2 – have I ever used drugs of the type that you think are wrong — Answer: Not required to give an answer

question 3 – When I was the boss would I require drug testing of any type
----NO NO NO unless it had a VERY DIRECT effect on the job.

question 4 – Why? You are incharge of what you do with your money. It is your busness not mine – You have the right to get drunk - get hi - give it to the church -buy some time with a person for sex. I do not care - it is your money

question 5 – Why do you feel the drug users should continue to get public moneys when some workers get drug tested?? – Hard question - part one – If you work for some one who wants to get into your personal live like your drug use (same as your medical records and they do get the reports from the insurance company so they can adjust next years rates) then you are working for the wrong person. If you do a good job you get payed good money – end of story

You have rights and yes some of them will affect others just remember that this the cost of living in our country - Freedom comes with good and bad

As a side note - what drugs do you think should kick people off the government assistance list: Viraga - Pot - Smokes - booze - crack - “H” - birth control -

All are drugs of choice

So before one starts a thread of this nature – put your brain in gear

Why let the world know that you are a few french fries short of a happy meal when a little thinking would stop you in your tracks

Maybe the people that get $$ from the government can not live without good music and it is not the music that you like so cut off their government money because they spend all our / their government money on same

Buying drugs with gov money is better than stealing the TV from my home and maybe getting shot

Just like the money I give to YOUR church, a street begger, my paid girlfriend, wife, kids or my employes all the same –

It is yours spend it where you want**. **

I gave it to you for your services with no strings attached - you are a fee person to make life choices on your own (esp the woman in my life and yes I have more than one and do not ask any questions - subject of another thread)

So once again before starting a thread of this nature – think before showing the world that you not a complete happy meal

rlb

Great idea Barry!

Yes, we are wasting too much.

I like the idea - no pee, no pay.

Yes, they can hurt themselves all they want, just not with other people’s money.

Wonderful Idea!! That email circulated about five years ago. Good idea then, better now.

I had to pass a background and credit check for my inspection license. We could add the background test as well as the pee test for govt. money! :wink: