Please join me in welcoming our newest member from Botswana

Enoch Moalusi is from Gaborone, Botswana.

Welcom Enoch!

Welcome Enoch

Welcom Enoch.

Welcome.
Please send pictures when you get some good ones.

Are our standards higher than the normal building practices in Botswana?

We have a few inspectors in Botswana. They have some pretty nice beach front vacation properties!

Beach front? Isn’t Botswana landlocked?

Dumella rah, welcome

Keith, you’re right. It was the guys in Namibia that had the beachfront properties. They told me that a lot of people from the UK purchase vacation homes there.

Dumela Baba.

Welcome Enoch.

Welcome Enoch!

Welcome.

Mike, Botswana tends to follow the standards set by South Africa. South Africa models their building standards after the British because it was a British colony. Houses are usually build with concrete block or double brick construction for exterior walls. Interior walls are usually single width brick (either cement or clay), electrical wires are encased in metal pipes and reset by cutting into the bricks. walls are usually plastered (smooth stucco) a minimum of 1/2" for interior walls and 3/4" for exterior. Roofs are generally clay/concrete/slate tile, metal or thatch (grass). Fiberglass shingles were never popular, but I have seen some being introduced in South Africa over the last few years.

Enoch,

What area of Botswana are you from? I lived in Selebi Phikwe on two different ocassions for about 5 or 6 years.

John Chick

Welcome