Quiz for People Who Know Everything

Q****uiz for People Who Know Everything
This is a quiz for people who know everything! I found out in a hurry that I didn’t. **
These are not trick questions. They are straight questions with straight answers
1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know **
the score or the leader until the contest ends. **
2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3. Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing **
**seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only **
two perennial vegetables?
4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside? **
5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. **
**The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn’t been cut in any way. **
How did the pear get inside the bottle?
6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters ’ dw’ and they are all **
**common words. Name two of them.

7.   There are 14 punctuation         marks in English  grammar.          Can you name at least half of  them?   ** 
    8.   Name t he only vegetable or fruit that is never sold          frozen, canned, processed, cooked, **
    **or in any other  form except fresh.** 
    9.   Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet          beginning with the letter  'S.'   **  

Answers  To Quiz:** **
    1.   The one sport in which neither the spectators nor  the         participants know the score **
    **or the leader until  the contest ends            Boxing** 
    2.   North American landmark constantly moving backward.   ** **Niagara         Falls (The rim is worn **
    **down about two  and a half feet each year because         of the millions of  gallons of water **
    **that rush over it every  minute.) **
    3.   Only two vegetables that can live to produce on  their         own for several growing         seasons.   **
    **Asparagus and rhubarb.** 
    4.   The fruit with its seeds on the outside.   Strawberry.** 
    5.   How did the pear get inside the brandy bottle?   It grew         inside the bottle.  The bottles are  ** 
    **placed over pear buds when they are small, and are          wired in place on the tree.  The bottle **
    **is left  in place for the entire growing season. When the          pears are ripe, they are snipped **
    **off at the  stems.** 
    6.   Three English words beginning with dw.    Dwarf,         dwell and  dwindle.** 
    7.   Fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. &nbs p;         Period, comma, colon, semicolon, **
    **dash, hyphen,  apostrophe, question mark, exclamation point,          quotation mark, brackets, **
    **parenthesis, braces, and  ellipses.** 
    8.   The only vegetable or fruit never sold frozen,  canned,         processed, cooked, or in any **
    **other form but  fresh.  Lettuce..** 
    9.   Six or more things you can wear on your feet  beginning         with 'S'.** **
      Shoes, socks, sandals, sneakers, slippers, skis,  skates,         snowshoes, stockings,  stilts. **

I got 1-6-7-8-9- how did I do? Three is wrong, all fruits & vegatables, will reproduce on their own without human intervention If they don’t then where did we get the seeds to plant or replant. IMO

The individual plant dies at the end of the season and has to be replanted. I got hung up on that too but reread the question. My wife sprung this on me (I guess she thinks I am a know it all) this morning before I had my second cup. I gaffed off most of them just to get to the end.

BTW, Asparagus will grow for up to 25 years and makes a beautiful landscaping addition, that you can eat off of.

Crap, I got 3 out of 9 right. Question 4, don’t laugh, are the things on the outside of a pineapple the seeds or no, goes to show ya how much fruit I eat…
On #8, could it also be Avacodo or does buying it as Gaucamole not count??
T.J.

lol, No and No. You did about as well as I did.

What, dweezelisn’t a standard English word? :mrgreen:

Only if you are Frank Zappa and heavily medicated.

They cook lettuce in Guatemala, France and China that I know of.

TROUBLE MAKER! :stuck_out_tongue:

Bye the way… I have two Grandsons visiting for the weekend {8 & 12 years old} and they had a blast with this “test”! :stuck_out_tongue:

{They did a lot better than I did!;-)}

It’s TRUE