Radon Inspections ?

Because Radon Inspections have to be done under a controlled enviroment. Is it even worth the effort to offer radon inspections.

Also, How would you identify a home that has a radon system installed?

I work in south texas where there is very low radon levels.

Yea…about 30-40% of all my HI’s also include Radon. About 60-70% also include termite.

Well, how do you identify if a home has a furnace, you look to see if it is there. If you don’t know what one looks like, you might want to purchase NACHI’s How to Perform Radon Inspections book. Taking a class would be helpful too.

Um… myth? The “averages” in any given state are irrelevant when you are talking about a specific home. Weather or not any given home has elevated radon levels is dependent upon three things… 1) A radon source, 2) relatively close to the home [proximity], 3) a pathway underground for the radon to reach the home. What state the home is located in, and the state’s averages have nothing to do with it. The only way to know for sure that a home has low or high levels of radon is to test it, and re-test every couple of years.

The EPA recommends that ALL homes be tested during a real estate transaction and so should you…

You should check out InterNACHI radon inspection articles or radon.com

Very worth it.

Incomplete sentence. Misspelled word. Is this a question? (Sorry…I’m a stickler for proper English.)

Do you like to make money?

MYTH: Radon is only a problem in certain parts of the country. FACT: High radon levels have been found in every state. Radon problems do vary from area to area, but the only way to know your radon level is to test.”
Source: http://www.epa.gov/radon/pubs/hmbyguid.html#1

Texas Radon zone map - http://www.epa.gov/radon/states/texas.html

If you were one of my competitors I would tell you its not worth it…lol

It’s not so much being in a low radon area that matters; it’s the consumers’ awareness of radon.

bingo!!!

Is adding $100 to $150 to an inspection worth it? You betcha.

Dear InterNACHI

International Standards of Practice for Inspecting Commercial Properties - InterNACHI®

You should take the free, online radon course before deciding.