Real estate agents can fulfill their continuing education requirments for free here?

We are now submitting InterNACHI’s free, online How to Perform Deck Inspections course](http://www.nachi.org/deck-inspections-course.htm) to EVERY real estate commission and board in the U.S. and Canada for approval.

Licensed real estate agents will be able to fulfill their continuing education requirements here, by taking InterNACHI’s online course, at no charge.

Why?

Ditto.

It’s going to be the member marketing windfall of the century. :smiley:

Furthermore, it will give agents a greater appreciation for what inspectors do.

Agents already think they can do our job better than us. Now you want to train them.

Perhaps you would consider writing a course for them that does not contain ‘all’ the info in inspector’s courses, so they only get enough info to know they ‘need’ an inspector for a complete evaluation.

It will only enlighten agents to the fact that a home inspection is an absolute necessity on every real estate transaction… and then of course we’re going to tell them where to find the best home inspectors in their area.

I see nothing but positive in this.

LOL.

In Springfield, Missouri (and other areas) … it will simply be the salesman’s free access for her (nonmember) husband to take these courses and claim to be “NACHI trained” as he goes out to help his wife close the sale with his “inspection”. I’m not sure how common this is in other areas but around here it is more the rule than an exception to the rule.

C’mon, how many agents use their husband who took one deck course, to inspect a real estate deal they are involved with? Like maybe none.

What percentage of your inspections are REO “as-is” homes where the agents tell the buyer that they don’t need an inspector as the bank will not fix anything? Besides, the agent can ‘save’ the buyer a few hundred dollars by “inspecting it” for them.

Oh, please understand…they are already doing it without the course. Many, many used house salesmen have laid off contractors for husbands who are using $195 home inspections to (1) help the wife bring home a commission check and (2) make some beer money in the process.

It is common, here.

Now, they get to take the course and claim to be trained by a national home inspector association for legitimacy.

Here also, and they don’t even bother to try and hide it.

They don’t hide it here, either.

About three years ago, one of the local news channels did an “expose” on lousy inspections and the need for licensed inspectors. When we dug into the newscast … it turned out to be the used salesman’s husband who missed all of the rot, mold and bad wiring. He routinely does “home inspections” for her clients and guess what!!! Every house is just great.

People are getting scammed left and right by the agent/inspector matrimonial connection.

I guess this agent has already taken the iNachi plumbing course…

This does not happen in Texas. It is illegal and regulated by the Texas Real Estate Commission. Your state has these issues because anyone can inspect anything they want. ** Licensing solves this issue** by prosecuting violators…:slight_smile:

Used house salesmen, who are licensed, are tricking their clients into using a less than qualified inspector. They do it in Texas, too. Even though it is illegal in Texas, real estate salesmen are charging inspectors (who are licensed and who are also breaking the law) up to $3,000 to be “preferred service providers”. I was interviewed by a news reporter in Dallas who was doing a story on it. He was disturbed that real estate salesmen were not referring inspectors based upon their abilities … but simply based upon their willingness to pay them for the referral.

Texas licenses its inspectors and real estate agents … and still can’t get them to follow the law.

Licensing solves nothing.

If you provide proof of just one person in violation of the law, they will be stopped very easily. In your state, you cannot stop it, but in Texas it can be prosecuted.

You have provided no proof. :wink:

Yes. They were not stopped. A former NACHI member in Texas provided the reporter with the names of the offending inspectors and the brokers they were paying. The reporter took it to TREC. Nothing happened. It is still going on, today.

No one can act as a home inspector (requires 448 hours, including hands on inspection mentoring) in Texas or they will face prosecution. Texas has a record of those who have been fined and stopped for breaking the rules and laws issued by the Texas Real Estate Commission. Your little stories based on no tangible facts offers no proof of anything. If the reported did not send in his complaint via the proper written form, then his comments would not be considered legitimate. This ensures that anyone like you, who just throws out little stories, will not be taken seriously. You have provided no proof. :wink:

Texas prosecutes law breakers, but your state allows anything and provides no way to stop anything (based on your own comments). I have seen the published names of home inspectors, month after month, who break the law for 13 years. You have never seen that at anytime in your state. Come to Texas and break the law and see how long you get away with it. I can go to your state and there is no law to break, regarding home inspections. Your state solves nothing.

This happened to me, just 2 summers ago, an agent I’d known for a while, all of a sudden started having an assistant watch me very closely who over the course of a few inspections…, I learned it was the agent’s boyfriend.

Just like a sick sense, at the end of one inspection, I asked him if he was learning to be an HI for her… he paused for a moment and surprisingly he responded “Yes, I am Tim” :roll:

True story.

To think that there aren’t negative’s associated with this idea in un-licensed states… hmmm, I dunno.